Live Quote NB_Store

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:39 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Hi, I got the store module configured nicely upon the test portal and keep receiving an error:

An error has occurred.
Error: NB_Store_Checkout is currently unavailable.

The permissions are configured correctly for the pages and if I'm logged in, it behaves correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Edit:  Cleared cache and restarted app, but no difference.

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Hi dooley,

Trigger the error again and then go straight to the DNN Event Viewer and copy the full error message out - assuming there is one. Let's see what it says.

Regards,
Rob

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:37 AM
Edited Jan 6, 2010 at 12:50 AM
 1/5/2010 5:35:17 PM   Module Load Exception       ModuleId: 422; ModuleDefId: 119; FriendlyName ...
ModuleId: 422
ModuleDefId: 119
FriendlyName: NB_Store_Checkout
ModuleControlSource: DesktopModules/NB_Store/CheckOut.ascx
AssemblyVersion: 5.1.4
PortalID: 0
PortalName: Little Creek Dressing
UserID: -1
UserName
ActiveTabID: 67
ActiveTabName: Order Confirmation
RawURL: /lcd/Products/OrderConfirmation/tabid/67/stg/3/Default.aspx
AbsoluteURL: /lcd/Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://lcd.ihaveabighammer.com/Products/OrderConfirmation/tabid/67/stg/2/Default.aspx
UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
ExceptionGUID: fa4eb58e-28f8-4655-a87f-27e5a009db37
InnerException: The 'ReturnNotifyURL' start tag on line 12 does not match the end tag of 'ReturnNotify'. Line 12, position 105.
FileName
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
Method: System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw
StackTrace
Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The 'ReturnNotifyURL' start tag on line 12 does not match the end tag of 'ReturnNotify'. Line 12, position 105. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The 'ReturnNotifyURL' start tag on line 12 does not match the end tag of 'ReturnNotify'. Line 12, position 105. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDataDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.SharedFunctions.ParseGateway(String GatewayParams) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPayPal.GetButtonHtml(Int32 PortalID, Int32 OrderID, String Lang) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.CheckOut.AddBankGateway() at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.CheckOut.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Source
Server Name: P3SWH318

As requested sir.

Feel free to visit the development portal and try for yourself.

Okay... now while I'm logged in, I'm getting the same glitch...

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Ok, check your PayPal gateway code. The error indicates that there is a mismatched set of tags:

InnerException: The 'ReturnNotifyURL' start tag on line 12 does not match the end tag of 'ReturnNotify'

Check that the tags are <ReturnNotifyURL>....</ReturnNotifyURL>

That should get it moving along.

Regards,
Rob

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:58 AM
Edited Jan 6, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Fixed and figured... was just a syntax issue (see below)

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Hey, are we able to just upload the new paypal gateway providor module overtop the old one?

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Omigod.

Somebody just shoot me.

The only reason it wasn't working was because the text editor had caused a line break and I thought it was a word wrap.

My apologies for the idiot posts.

I installed the paypal module overtop the old one and it seems to be working okay.

Not sure what's improved, but it seems Much better ;)

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:58 AM

Ah excellent, great to hear it's working now.. and not an easy issue to spot!

Yep, you can install the latest gateways over the previous ones and everything carries over.

Rob

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:11 AM

So I had an idea.

Could I fill a form with all the cart elements and auto submit it to the asp script in a '.shiptemplate'?

I doubt I'm going to find tokens that will populate an a form perfectly herein, but basically I want to take the final cart data, and reorganize that data into a query string, or into a form for submission to the asp script.  The script returns the values that are regurgitated upon a div.

Am I on the right track?

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Hi,

I can understand the technically aspect of the idea....submitting a form with the values your want, but why? and where to? and do you need some kind of repsonse?  and yes, there could be an issue getting all the tokens for the cart details into the right format...

If you really need to do something like this you could look at changing the source code and then submit it to us for possible inclusion in a future release.  If it's something that works generically and other people want then we'll be happy to include it.

Regards,

Dave.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Yeah, changing source code is proving a bit daunting given my lack of time and skills.

Had I more practice, I'd consider delving further, but for now I need a quick fix.

I never did clarify, despite the subject line.

I wish to submit my values to the live quote at Canada Post.

They've provided this asp script which is ready to take values, but I don't know the first thing about .NET, let alone asp.

Canada Post has the example asp script online at http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/DevelopersResources/HTMLReturn/HTTP_Post_Sample_With_ASP.asp

Is there a way I can make the shiptemplate submit the values to this asp and have it display the returned values?

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Ah!! I see....I;ve had a look at the Canadapost shipping api (I think it was you that point it out?) and I think it's great, but to integrate this idea is going to take more work that just putting their asp code on a template.

Unfortunatly I have no bussiness need for this so unless the work is sponsored or someone does the work and donates it to NB_Store it's something I don't think will be implemented.

Sorry,

Dave.