Keep getting this error, please help!

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Kinda new so any help would be useful. This is the error I get (below) I followed the instructions to load, added the pages accordingly. Try to load the back office and this is what i get!
When I load the module, this is the error I get. I have loaded this thru the extensions screen, and setup the pages according to the basic install.

Error: NB_Store_BackOffice is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessInheritsAttribute(String baseTypeName, String codeFileBaseTypeName, String src, Assembly assembly) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PostProcessMainDirectiveAttributes(IDictionary parseData) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseReader(StreamReader reader, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse(ICollection referencedAssemblies, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.UI.ControlUtilities.LoadControl[T](TemplateControl containerControl, String ControlSrc) at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.LoadModuleControl() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:04 PM

This looks like NB_Store has not installed correctly.

My first approach would be to check if the "NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.dll" is in the DNN bin folder, if not try re-installing the module through the DNN module install process and look for any errors.

If you find any errors on install post them here and it'll give me an idea of what's going wrong.....

Regards,
Dave.

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I am now getting a runtime error. I have to be doing something wrong.

I download the nb file(.zip) go to the extensions on the dnn site, click upload a module, Am i missing something, do I have to add a resource file or anything? I am at a loss. I went back into the site deleted all the modules for the store (recycling bin module) and then went to re-load and recieved the run time error.  Any clue to help me out?

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

OK, went back into the files folder and removed all the files associated with the NB store. Reloaded the store, no errors at all during install, but get this error again.

Error: NB_Store_BackOffice is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessInheritsAttribute(String baseTypeName, String codeFileBaseTypeName, String src, Assembly assembly) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PostProcessMainDirectiveAttributes(IDictionary parseData) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseReader(StreamReader reader, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse(ICollection referencedAssemblies, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.UI.ControlUtilities.LoadControl[T](TemplateControl containerControl, String ControlSrc) at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.LoadModuleControl() --- End of inner exception stack trace

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM

OK,

I still think this could be an issue with the DNN installation.  But first check to see if you have got the "Nevoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.dll" in the DNN/bin folder.

If not then it could be a permissions issue with the server DNN folder...although I would have expected an error on the install if this was the case!!!

What version of NB_Store and DNN are you using......and what hosting platform?

The error message is a bit generic so it's difficult to be sure what's happening here, but I've not heared of anyone else complaining of the same problem.

Regards,

Dave.

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Working on it now. I opened the package on the puter, and will ftp the file to the directory to see if it will add it, I do not see it. I am using DNN 5.2, and here is a snapshot of the remainder: Server technologies: WINDOWS, PHP 5.1, ASP 1.0, ASP.NET 2.0, MYSQL 4.1, 5.0, MSSQL 2000, 2005. Hope this might help. I can change about anything just let me know if there is a known compatibilty issue with anything here.

And I hope I am not complaining to much, just thankful you have this out there. As i learn more and more on the programming side, I will contribute as well! Trying to get a small company a checkout for the deli they run, really didnt want them to have to buy a full blown system that they wouldnt use!

Thanks for the help

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Hi,

From everything I can see I can;t think why your not getting NB_Store to work.  I suppose the one thing you could try is a new installation of DNN.  (Don;t forget the 5.2.1 install has a bug in it, you may need to fix this before doing the install, have a look at the DNN install forum.)

The only other thing is I notice is that you've got MSSQL 2000 loaded on your machine, are you using this?...NB_Store is only compatible with MSSQL 2005, make sure your using that database.

Let me know how you get on?

Regards,

Dave.