Help !! Cheque/DD Payment & Subcription Management

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Hi there,

I wrote about this recently in another post... have a read here.

Regards,
Rob

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2010 at 9:45 AM

However if you wish to change NB_Store to attach roles after purchase then please think about donating any code...

What you need to look at if the "CompleteOrder" subroutine of  the "GatewayCheque" class you need to add the code need to add your required role. 

The code you need to do this can be found in the DNN source....being new to DNN your going to have to look into this and it'll probably make your head split....but have a look at the user management controls to see what's happening there.   Also you can have a google to see if someone out there has already created the code you need.

Sorry I haven;t got the time to explain more (or find any code examples) at the moment, but if you get in any trouble post a question and I'll answer the best I can.

Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Dotnetnuke provides built-in PayPal payment processing and you could just use that. All you need to do is put your PayPal details in the site settings, create a role, make it Public, and give it a fee and a period. These settings are visible when you edit a role.

Don't use the trial fee options unless you are using PayPal Subscriptions and have configured it for this. People have to have a PayPal account for the PayPal Subscriptions to work.

Once you have a paid role, all your users have to do is browse to the Subscriptions tab of the Profile page - reached by clicking their name when they are signed in. They can then select the paid role and it will take them to PayPal to process the payment and add them to the role. It works ok and if you can't spend any time or money on it then it will likely have to do.

Regards,
Rob