Recommend a Merchant Account Processor

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I thought this might be a good forum to ask if anyone can recommend a merchant account processor. I'm building a new site using NB_Store and have been looking around for a merchant account processor, with or without a gateway. I've used Authorize.net before and can go with that. Our dollar volume is going to be low to start so I want to avoid fees.

Any recommendation are greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Hi,

In Europe all the major banks use the SIPS system, which I find is a better and more secure gateway than any other...however I guess in the US this option doesn;t exist so my only experiance is paypal....which at times I think is great and at other times I find it stinks...I finished the Authorize.Net gateway code for NB_Store and in the test website I liked it, but it does have a odd way of setting up the gateway.   Some good reviews of the Google checkout have reached me, but I have not had any oppertunity to look at this and a gateway doesn't exist for it in NB_Store yet.

If asked for my recommendation I would pick SIPS every time.....but because it needs server side API adding it's not the same kind of gateway as Authorize.Net and paypal.

Dave.

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Authorize.net have a list of approved resellers here. I don't have any experience with any of them, but the official list is probably a safer place to start than Google.

Also, for some reason I have saved this link http://www.merchantplus.com/  - I generally save such things when I've seen it recommended somewhere decent, so maybe it's worth looking at. It might have had something to do with being able to get an account more easily from NZ, where I am, I don't recall.

There will be lots of good discussions about merhcant accounts somewhere on the internet, but you'll probably have to dig through a lot of 'best/reviews/spam' sites to find them. I find that searchign using terms like 'comparison' is a little better. If you do find a good forum, please post it back here.

I can suggest

Regards,
Rob