Source version

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Where can I download full source module? I can see only the installable version. Can I debug this module and modify it as I want? I like to use this module and seems very fantastic.

Tnx,

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Look at the source code tab..

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/39225

Regards,

Dave.

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Yes. I have downloaded it and tried to install on the module definitions. But it seems not the source installable version.  Can I install it as a normal module? How can I set up it on my VS 2008 with DNN Instance?

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2010 at 9:57 AM

1 - Install the normal install module package into DNN.

2 - Unzip the source into the Desktopmodules/NB_Store directory

Done!

You'll have to check you project refs are pointing to the correct dotnetnuke.dll for it to compile.

Regards,

Dave.

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Thank You leedavi, I ll give a try. I need to study first before going to implement to a site. I have done more work with Dotnetnuke Store module and have done more customizations. If it is needed I will modify this module also. That's why I am trying to study this. Thank you,

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:26 AM

It seems this module is VB.NET. Do you have C# version of this?

I am trying to install source version as your instructions. But it is giving an error when I am compiling the source.

Error    1    Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.AdminDiscount'.   

Can I load the solution which is in the module?

Tnx,

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Hi,

No there is not a C# version.

The AdminDiscount.ascx was re-named to the AdminPromo, so "AdminDiscount" should not exist in the lastest version...did you download the lastest version of source code?...maybe there is some version clash with it?

Also have a read of this thread:  http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=50165

It has more information on compiling NB_Store.

Regards,

Dave.

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I just download 2.00.07 and installed it. When I tried to build the entire website for another module I'm working on I got the compile error "Could not load type 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.AdminDiscount'."  I exluded the file from my project and it built fine. I think the AdminDiscount.ascx file is still include in the module package.

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Yes, it's still in the v2.0.7 changeset..I've removed it in the v2.0.9+ change sets....I'm planning on making v2.0.11 stable soon so it shouldn't be an issue in future...but thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,

Dave.