Images Not uploading correctly

Editor
Jan 27, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Hi there,

I have applied NB_store to DNN 5.02 and found that on 2 sperate installs on my local machine it will not show the images. I can see in the database there is the ImagePath and ImageURL these both have the correct paths, however in the path there are no images found. If I look at the temp folder created by NB_Store I can see the images sitting there... So I can see its sort of uploading.

I have played with the file permissions and I am confident that this is not this issue. I am using the latest release of NB_Store at the moment, any guidance as to what I might be missing or doing wrong?

Thanks

Editor
Jan 27, 2010 at 1:59 AM

ImagePath ListOrder Hidden ImageURL
c:\Repository\Apps\Websites\DDn Websites\EventsTest\Portals\0\productimages\ 1 0 /Portals/0/productimages/

I have just noticed that the file names seems to be missing from the database... I assume it needs a file name?

Imagepath in the DB = c:\Repository\Apps\Websites\DDn Websites\EventsTest\Portals\0\productimages\

ImageURL = /Portals/0/productimages/

notice the file names are missing, could this be a bug?

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2010 at 6:11 AM

Hi,

Yes the filename should be there?

However yesterday I noticed that if you load a png image the resizer doesn't like it. 

Are you using a ".png" image?

If so can you load ".jpg" image OK?

Regards,

Dave.

Editor
Jan 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Hi dave it was actully a JPG image.... If I edit the database directly and add the file name its works fine... But if I put NB_store in production I couldnt expect the user to know how to do this or even access the database.

I have also tried several times since with the same outcome.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM

HI,

There is also a know problem with spaces in the directory name:

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3735

Could this be your issue?

Dave.

Editor
Jan 27, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Saw that issue as well.. I have trawled the discussion and used the search, while some people have the same problem no one has the issue of file names not being added to the database, and the files remain in the temp directory and not moved to the correct dir.

So My images are something like

thisisimage1.jpg there are no spaces or special charter's within them.

using DNN 5.02, SQL 2005, windows 7 - IIS7 if that helps.

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Hi,

OK a couple of thing we can do to try and findout what happening.

1 - try uploading a bitmap, this will force the resizer to make a resize, lets see if that works.

2 - Try changeing your imagesize setting to 99999, this will force the resize to be skipped and a copy will be made to the productimages.

Let's see if either of these ideas work?

What version of NB_Store are you using?

Also are you running medium trust? 

I've tested the image upload against DNN5.0.2, SQL 2005, windows 7 and IIS7, so I don't think they are causing the issue.

Regards,

Dave.

Editor
Jan 28, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your contuined support!

1 - try uploading a bitmap, this will force the resizer to make a resize, lets see if that works. - No I can see the file in the Temp dir still at the same 2.2mb in size and in the database its still missing the file name

2. I am not quite sure with the imagesize is this in a template or within the database, could you kindly point me in the right direction?

I am running NB_Store_02.00.07 (downloaded yesterday)

Meduim Trust, is the default of DNN and this has not been touched they are fresh new installs here is the line from the .config file.

<!-- set code access security trust level - this is generally set in the machine.config
    <trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*" />

Hope this is of some help

Brad

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Hi Brad,

The image resize parameter is in BackOffice>utilities>settings  "image.resize", try this.

Also check the security settings of the productimage directory, both in DNN and on the server itself.

Regards,

Dave.

Editor
Jan 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Hi Dave,

I got it working, I stupidly did actllu have space in the directory stucture within windows, I was just had a long moment of blindness.

Just one final question, I assume when I go to upload the finished product to my hosting provider I need to do a update statement within SQL to update the directory of the images uploaded?

Thanks again for your contuied support great product and awesome support!

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Hi Brad,

When you more your site live, just go into BackOffcie>Admin and do a store validation, this will rewrite the image url's for you.

Regards,

Dave

Editor
Jan 31, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Hi Dave,

Brilliant!!!!!

Thanks so much once again for your help, it really is appreciated, and keep up the top work!

Kind regards,

Brad