Select your method of payment = blank

Jan 28, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Hi all,

I searched the discussions and only found one reference to this issue, but I followed it and still nothing and it never appeared to have been resolved. 

I installed and setup the paypal module per the latest download instructions. Verified my syntax, etc. No matter what I do, the checkout box below "Select your method of payment" Just has the text including "Please select your type of payment." there is no paypal logo or link to select paypal. My paypal logo url from the install is good, copied and pasted and saw it. Paypal.Gateway appears configured fine. I have the most recent version of NB_Store, DNN 5.2

My question is first and foremost...what am I doing wrong? Will the paypal logo not display if the rest of the configuration to route to paypal are not ok, but the url to the paypal logo on my site is ok?

Please help?

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2010 at 8:21 AM

The only way the paypal gateway won;t be displayed is if the provider is causing an error or has not been selected in the module settings, if the image url is wrong you still see the image trying to be displayed.

the first thing to do is check that the paypal gateway has been setup correct, look in you DNN site log for any errors, then check to make sure it's been selected correctly, look at the BackOffice>Utilities>settings and look for the "gateway.provider" setting this should say what the paypal dll and class are.

Make sure you've got the latest download of the paypal provider, also I assume by the instrcuctions you mean the pdf instructions?

Regards,

Dave.

Jan 29, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Thanks, I am using NB_Store_Gateway_01.02.01_PayPal_DNN5. I don’t show any errors in the log. The Checkout module has paypal selected in settings.

Still, no paypal logo or any payment options. I am at a loss. Would incorrect settings in the PayPal.gateway template cause this? Invalid URL’s or even invalid information passed to paypal via that PayPal.gateway template?

Here is info from the gateway.provider name under utilities – settings: NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayPayPal,NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPayPal

Here is an the xml file from gatewayproviders.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<root>

<gateways>

<gateway ref="Paypal">

<name>Paypal</name>

<assembly>NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayPayPal</assembly>

<class>NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPayPal</class>

</gateway>

<gateway ref="SIPS">

<name>SIPS</name>

<assembly>NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewaySIPS</assembly>

<class>NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewaySIPS</class>

</gateway>

<gateway ref="PxPay">

<name>PxPay</name>

<assembly>NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayPxPay</assembly>

<class>NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPxPay</class>

</gateway>

<gateway ref="PayBox">

<name>PayBox</name>

<assembly>NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayPayBox</assembly>

<class>NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPayBox</class>

</gateway>

</gateways>

</root>

Any other ideas? I appreciate the help!

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2010 at 8:20 AM
Edited Jan 29, 2010 at 8:20 AM

The other thing I can think of is that your paypal parameter xml is invalid, check the Backoffice>utilites>settings "paypal.gateway" and mak sure all the setting are correct and that it's valid xml.

Also have a look at the html of the check where you expect to see the paypal logo...it should be something like this:

<table id="Table1" cellSpacing="15" cellPadding="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td vAlign="bottom"><p><strong>Bank Card:</strong><br /> Please select your type of payment.</p>
						</td>
<td vAlign="bottom"><strong>
<a id="dnn_ctr373_CheckOut_lnkCheque" class="Cheque_Link" href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;dnn$ctr373$CheckOut$lnkCheque&quot;, &quot;&quot;, true, &quot;&quot;, &quot;&quot;, false, true))">Pay By Cheque</a></strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td vAlign="top">
<INPUT TYPE=IMAGE NAME=PAYPAL BORDER=0 SRC="http://localhost/Desktopmodules/NB_Store/img/paypal60x38.gif"/></td>
<td vAlign="top">
					<input type="image" name="dnn$ctr373$CheckOut$imgBChq" id="dnn_ctr373_CheckOut_imgBChq" src="/DesktopModules/NB_Store/img/BANKCHEQUE.gif" onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;dnn$ctr373$CheckOut$imgBChq&quot;, &quot;&quot;, true, &quot;&quot;, &quot;&quot;, false, false))" style="border-width:0px;" /></td>
</tr>
</table>

wHAT DO YOU HAVE??

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:02 PM

05/02/10 10:30

Hi Group,

I have read and digested all of the posts above and checked and rechecked my site, but cannot see the obvious. I am experiencing the same issue as 'salpsx' -

that is ... all appears ok to the 'checkout module', displays the paypal graphic & cheque payment graphic. If I select the cheque payment graphic the system

produces a payment form for printout & registers the order ok. However if I select the paypal graphic the system produces a 'blank white' screen ( containing

URL..... /OnlineStore/Cart/tabid/73/ctl/RemotePost/mid/435/language/en-GB/Default.aspx ) and remains in that state. The cart 'settings' show Payment Gateway

as Paypal and Cheque gateway as Standard. The gateway.provider contains NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayPayPal,NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPayPal

The PayPal.gateway shows as indicated with specific parameters changed to suit, <paymentURL>https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/xclick</paymentURL>,

<verifyURL>https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr</verifyURL>, <PayPalID>ppalbusiness@'domain'</PayPalID>, etc...

The DNN Host Module settings show NB_Store_GatewayPayPal (01.02.01), folder name NB_Store_GatewayPayPal, Definitions NB_Store_GatewayPayPal, etc...

The NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayPayPal.dll is contained in the DNN bin directory as is NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayCheque.dll.

I am missing something simple/obvious but cannot understand what. The site checkout module does ot seem to have the correct setup to connect to the PayPal

Sandbox, not sure what setting/parameter is missing or incorrect. I hope the above is clear enough for someone to advise further.

Regards PAH

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2010 at 11:33 PM

HI,

try using the new paypal url for the xclick...

<paymentURL>https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr</paymentURL>

Have a look at the readme.txt file included in the paypal install package.....I think the documentation is out of date, but will still work on live but not on the sandbox.

Dave.

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM

It's been reported that the Paypal gateway does not look for the current language, but instead search for the default setup, so you must have default gateway settings.

This could be the cause of this issue.

Regards,
Dave.