Wrong Default Language?

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM

I am introducing the DB_Store to DNN and it went pretty well. The base DNN site is functioning ok with en-GB as the default language. I then added the pack 'ResourcePack_NB_Store_02.00.06_en-GB' and all appears ok.... but with a product selected (URL .../OnlineStore/Shop/tabid/74/ProdID/2/RtnTab/74/PageIndex/1/CatID/-1/language/en-GB/Default.aspx) the 'Return(Retour)', 'Price(Prix)', 'Quantity(Quantite)' etc are all in French. On continuing with the 'Buy' button and the checking the 'Cart', the item is listed ok, but (URL .../OnlineStore/Cart/tabid/73/language/en-GB/Default.aspx) and all text in English except the currency is EURO. Before i proceed further or change parameters/code for the sake of it, I would appreciate any comments as to the cause/solution which may be obvious to others. Regards.

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Hi,

Did you add in the BACKOFFICE -> Utilities -> Settings / Templates the English translations?
If not, you have to do this first to get a multi language site.

Regards, Ton

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Thank you for the prompt response... I'm not clear what you mean? Within BACKOFFICE-> Utilities-> Settings / Templates are a list of editable Template files, all assigned 'Language' - Default.

Are you saying that I need to edit ALL the files and select the the available language (English (United Kingdom) (en-GB)) instead of 'Default' and then update?

or by 'add in the BACKOFFICE' do you mean I need to Import a file (???).

If I edit the exiting Template(s) and update, a new Template is created with Language en-GB, but the original Template with Language Default is also still listed - is this what you mean? - during the edit of the Template(s) there is an option to 'update all languages' - is this relevent?    ....... confused.

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Hi,

You are on the good way.

- Click on a default setting for example "chqpayment.emailsubject"
- Click on the dropdownlist to get the English language
- Change now the content in whatever your subject will be in the laguage you choose.
- Click on update.
- Click on cancel

Now you have 2 instances.
- 1 default
- 1 english

Proceed this for every setting and template in the whole backoffice.
It is quite a job to do.
However, this way you can make a fully multi language site.

Update for all languages you can use when this setting is appropiate for all languages.

With regards, Ton

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Thanks for the response.

I edited every template as indicated so that I ended with each template (en-GB) plus template (default).

Unfortunately this did not resolve the problem, but did cause a lightbox scripting error, so I  removed the lightbox template duplicate (en-GB) files and the error was removed. Having looked into each template further I noticed some of the 'French' text was hard coded, so I modified within the editor and it appears ok now.

Except that the 'CART' still shows a EURO symbol. All other text in the CART is English, which is fine. How do I change the EURO symbol displayed in the CART for the item price etc, where is this set?

I cannot find any template for the cart layout.... the minicart template doesn't seem to be the one the system is using? So how can the Cart layout and hence the EURO symbol etc be modified or changed?

Regards

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Hi,

In this version the cart is harcoded.
So, there is no template.

Read this post to get the currency changed.

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=50923

With regards, Ton

Jan 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Thank you Ton, your advice of adding the 'currency.culture' file was the solution.

Regards