order history probelm

Feb 11, 2010 at 1:21 AM

hi i'm having problems with the order histroy my employees can't see it so they can't ship the product for some reasone only i can see it and i don't want my employees to have the option to go into the backoffice i just want them to be able to add/update product information and view orders can

you please help me?

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 1:52 AM

The separate order viewing module isn't going to work for you. It only displays data for the signed-in user.

Have you tried using the managerlite role for your staff?

Add a role to the site, assign it to your staff, and then type the role name into the managerlite.role setting in the back office. This gives them a cut-down view of the backoffice. This may or may not suit your needs depending on what you are trying to hide in there.

Regards,
Rob

Feb 11, 2010 at 2:54 AM

i added the user role but the "Click here to Enter Back office" button is not apearing

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Check the settings for the Back Office module. Make sure the view and edit permissions allow it to be seen and edited by all roles that need to use it.

Rbo

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:21 AM

is there a way that they could only see the orders?

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 3:29 AM

Not without changing the code I'm afraid. The point of the back office is to operate the store, and the Lite mode already provides a cut down version of this for staff. This is unlikely to be changed any time soon.

If you only want them to view orders, then you could perhaps give them access to the email inbox that receives the orders. You can even add more email addresses to the merchant.email setting if you separate them with semi-colons ";".

Regards
Rob

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Just FYI, the upcoming release adds admin-only security to each of the items on the Utilities, Templates tab. If you are trying to hide something there, then that will do it for you.

Rob

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM

thank you that helps alot, 1 question tho will i have the build the store from the begining or will it be an update that will go over all of the items i have on the store because i have over 200 products and i don't want to start over...do you know when the release date?

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 5:27 AM

You'll be able to install it over the existing module. Just amke sure you back up your database and file system before doing any upgrades like this.
It is also worth re-applying the correct file system permissions to your DNN folder before installing updates... this is especially true on a shared server.

The new release isn't far away, possibly within 2 weeks, at least as a beta. Dave will tell us when he comes online later today.

Rob

Feb 11, 2010 at 7:32 PM

thank you :D