Coupon purchase

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Hi there,

Can it be setup so a user can purchase a coupon? Then be emailed a coupon ID with coupon details after purchase?

Thanks,

Tony.

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Hi Tony,

I'm afraid Gift Voucher functionality isn't in the cart, although it is on the list of feature requests. The problem with coupons is that they are not unique. Anyone who has the coupon code can get the discount. Gift Vouchers on the other hand are like like buying a fixed amount of credit in the store and assigning it a unique redemption code that is then emailed to someone.

The list of items being considered for the roadmap is rather long and I imagine vouchers won't appear in the cart very soon unless Dave or a contributing developer has a client who needs it, or someone sponsors it.

Depending on how big your store is, you might be able to get away wth selling vouchers as products and then manually processing the credit when the recipient purchases something. It'd be hard to manage on a wider scale though.

Hope that helps
Rob

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Hey Guys,

Sorry I know this is a old post but just wondering if the vouchers can be purchased via the sopping cart? as one of my client wants to sell vouchers.

Thanks,

Fahad
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Hi Fahad,
You've already found the post with the answer above.
Rob