payment gateway??

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Edited Feb 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM

OK so I have gotten the shop styled nicely and the front end working I am not focusing on the payment gateway side of things when I get to the payment part of the shop I am seeing:

<legend>Select your method of payment</legend>

Bank Card:
Please select your type of payment.

but there are no options:

,After reading the documentation and discussion forums I am more confused... If I only want paypal enabled how on earth do I do this?

do I create a new setting called - PayPal.gateway and enter

paymentURL=https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/xclick
verifyURL=https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
PayPalID=brad@gentex.com.au
CartName=TurkishFood.com.au
ButtonImageURL=http://turkishfood/Desktopmodules/NB_Store/img/paypal60x38.gif
Currency=AUD
ReturnURL=http://turkishfood/Cart/tabid/56/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=RETURN
ReturnCancelURL=http://turkishfood/Cart/tabid/56/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=CANCEL
ReturnNotifyURL=http://turkishfood/Cart/tabid/56/stg/4/Default.aspx
MerchantLanguage=AU

paymentURL=https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/xclick

verifyURL=https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

PayPalID=brad@email.com.au

CartName=cart.com.au

ButtonImageURL=http://URLHERE/Desktopmodules/NB_Store/img/paypal60x38.gif

Currency=AUD

ReturnURL=http://URLHERE/Cart/tabid/56/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=RETURN

ReturnCancelURL=http://URLHERE/Cart/tabid/56/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit= CANCEL

ReturnNotifyURL=http://URLHERE/Cart/tabid/56/stg/4/Default.aspx

MerchantLanguage=AU

or do I need to add or change anything in the setting 'gateway.provider'

In the documentation folder I can there is a txt and xml for paypal, but I am not sure which to use or if both are used?? the documentation says

'The parameters of the gateways can be changed from the Settings menu, these settings are now in XML and it is recommended to upgrade any old text based settings (Which will still work!) into the new XML format. An example of each settings can be found the documentation directory of the NB_Store module.' so this would indicate that I need to use the XML, but where does it go?

I also noted that there is downloads NB_Store_Gateway_01.02.01_PayPal_DNN4 is this required, and if so then if I go through DNN's install then it fails to install as the read me file says...

A critical error has occurred.
'EndElement' is an invalid XmlNodeType. Line 11, position 7.

Down the track I wish to use Eway... but I want to over this hurdle first.

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Hi,

To enable the bank and paypal gateways you have to go to the module setting of the cart.
There you can choose your check and bank gateway.

If you do not want to use the check gateway, then you must check "disable check gateway"  option.

To use the paypal gateway you must configure this in
Backoffice->utility->settings->paypal.gateway

With regards, Ton Hermes

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:59 PM

HI,

Also the error your getting could be because your trying to load a DNN4 version into DNN5..try using the "NB_Store_Gateway_01.02.01_PayPal_DNN5" version.

Then look at the readme.txt, this should so you how to set it up.

Regards,

Dave.

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Thanks Ton and Dave... I think I was almost there, I just didnt reset the application before :(

Anyway now that that is working, I see there is an Eway provider, I have once again tried installing this, though it seems it could have been compiled with DNN4?? as it will not let me install the module is this the case? if so can I install this manually IE create the folders and place the DLL's in the bin folder?

Thanks again for your terrific support guys!!!

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I have also just tested the payment via the sandbox for paypal on payment return the invoice says

Payment not verified

Can I safley assume this is because its in the sandbox and on LIve payment this would a change?? or after thinking about it stays this way because he verification must be done manually I guess?

thanks again guys

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Hi Brad,

Not sure about the sandbox, but on a live site this usually means the ruturn url is not set or not correct. The option is found in the PayPal account, in Profile, Payment Preferences or thereabouts.

If it's not there in the sandbox, I suggest trying it live.

Regards,
Rob

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:13 PM

dosnt look like the sandbox has these functions I can see it in the LIVE one though thanks for that!!!

any ideas on the eway one

I see there is an Eway provider, I have once again tried installing this, though it seems it could have been compiled with DNN4?? as it will not let me install the module is this the case? if so can I install this manually IE create the folders and place the DLL's in the bin folder?

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:38 PM

hmm I haven't anny experience with that provider, but if it doesn't have any sql to execute then that should be fine.

I've just had a look in the PA and there's nothing but the dll and the dnn file in it. Give it a shot and let us know what happens. Dave will know more about this, but he's away from his office for a bit.

Rob

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM

this is the error i am getting on  a DNN  5.2 portal

A critical error has occurred.
'EndElement' is an invalid XmlNodeType. Line 11, position 7.

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:42 AM

essentially i want to enable paypal and disable cheque as described in these posts but simply cannot find the "disable check gateway" option. (i have searched the module settings and the store utility attributes)

also, the images and templates only work if i duplicate the NB_Store Desktop module folders once at the root for the images and again as a folder under the root ie. myweb\myweb\desktop modules\.

i was hoping to solve that later but mention it here to maybe get both answers... thanks.

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Hi Robert,

Have a look in the checkout module settings. I've changed all the wording in my portal so I'm not sure what the default labels are, but I think the 8th checkbox from the top should sort you out.

There's certainly something wrong going on with your other issue. Have you perhaps installed your DNN instance in a subfolder of the website? If you're just starting off, you can save a fair few hassles by running DNN at web root.

Regards
Rob

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Yup its the 8th down and the wording is 'Disable Cheque Payment: '

As for the other issue make sure you dont have any spaces in the whole file path for example

c:\inetpub\wwwoot\mywebsite\desktopmodules\nbstore\ 

Notice there are no spaces, I once made this mistake and had a similar issue..

Cheers

Brad

Aug 16, 2010 at 5:21 AM

Thanks for the speedy reply...one issue i am having with the forum is that the answers do not alway give enough context.
for instance, 8th down where?
There numerous modules (the store, the cart, the minicart, etc) and each module has module controls and the difference between the module and module instance is not usually clear in the discussion.

I finally found it and as you said it was the 8th down but not as i was navigating as host to the module definition.
it IS on the module instance on the page in the dropdown under settings...scoped appropriately but not to this blind horse..:>

anyway, im back on track and am sure i will return for more assistance.
oh, and thanks for the tip on the spaces. I know that standard very well but ill check that out; one might have crept in somehow.
b well
serious thanks
Robert

To: [email removed]
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 19:00:53 -0700
Subject: Re: payment gateway?? [NBStore:85495]

Yup its the 8th down and the wording is 'Disable Cheque Payment: '
As for the other issue make sure you dont have any spaces in the whole file path for example
c:\inetpub\wwwoot\mywebsite\desktopmodules\nbstore\
Notice there are no spaces, I once made this mistake and had a similar issue..
Cheers
Brad
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Aug 16, 2010 at 5:29 AM
thanks Robax. ya, i was not thinking in the right scope. I was navigating to the Module settings not the module instance settings.

Regarding the missing images and templates, i think i will be finding a space in the path somewhere. that smells like right problem to me.

I did build one serious dnn portal for a state agency a few years ago, but am just now attempting a store front .
thanks for the assist.

b well.
Robert

Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:27:14 -0700

Hi Robert,
Have a look in the checkout module settings. I've changed all the wording in my portal so I'm not sure what the default labels are, but I think the 8th checkbox from the top should sort you out.
There's certainly something wrong going on with your other issue. Have you perhaps installed your DNN instance in a subfolder of the website? If you're just starting off, you can save a fair few hassles by running DNN at web root.
Regards
Rob
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Aug 16, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Hey Brad,

Regarding the missing images and templates: there are no spaces in the paths anywhere but i recall some warning about a virtural directory in a subdirectory.

i did in fact have the project in a subdirectory on a different drive when the store module was installed and then took the advice and moved it to the iis root. I fear now that the paths were retained from the virtual location when the NB_store module was installed.

how can i refresh all the paths if that is the case?  Will i need to uninstall and reinstall the module?

b well

Robert

Aug 16, 2010 at 5:59 AM
Edited Aug 16, 2010 at 6:00 AM

Hi Robert, that should be an easy fix

login > go to the store back office > choose admin > tick the fix errors,  Choose 'Do Store Validation'

And your done it should all start working as expected.

Cheers.

Brad

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:07 AM

Hey brad....sigh,

i still cant get the store to read images or templates from the correct directories.

I have reinstalled the extension, examined every path in every file to spot some clue. no good.

There are no spaces in the path.   -------C:\inetpub\wwwroot\RockSpeak\DesktopModules\NB_Store\templates

I have moved the site to the wwwroot as advised.

I have tried the fix errors function.

looked in every imaginable file for some path clue and it all looks relative to the root except sometimes it defines "root\DesktopModules.\etc...  and sometimes it does not.

It seems like it should be so easy but i am clueless.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Robert McConnel

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Hmmm odd indeed, can you send me some screen shots by chance please, you can chat with me directly via brad@gentex.com.au, this way I can hopefully see and help a little more.

Cheers.

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:25 AM
sure and thanks, i just had a couple ideas though.
We have automated build at work and suddenly the build just broke and i tracked it down to the fact that windows 7 does some some funky autohide and autocompress when filles have old dates.

it actually hid files in one case and compressed in another. the build could not see the file. after i unhid the file (had to back up and hide all and unhide a directory to do it) all was well....

The other idea is that i was having trouble with my 64 bit install here because my music studio gear would not work on win 7 64 so i installed 32 bit over it....im thinking that the downgrade didnt go well with the file system and maybe it cant see the files even though i can. streeeeetching on both i think.
am sending a messenger invite and email.
thanks so much
Robert McConnel

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:13:34 -0700

Hmmm odd indeed, can you send me some screen shots by chance please, you can chat with me directly via brad@gentex.com.au, this way I can hopefully see and help a little more.
Cheers.

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:45 AM
No problems, I will wait for the email and we can go from there....
Cheers
Brad
Aug 17, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Hi,

I know I'm tagging on the end of a thread here and may not be seeing the whole issue.   But I though I'd point out that templates are not stored on the filesystem, but in the DB.  And the images should be in the portal root under a folder called productimages.

For the image path do somehting like this

select * from dbo.NB_Store_ProductImage

you should then be able to check you have the correct path in the DB to the product images.

Regards,

Dave.