Multiple Prices on Products

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Hello,

I am looking into setting up multiple pricing for each product (When a user logs in a second price is implemented).
I understand that there are promotions that apply right accross the store but i would like the promotions to be applied to each individual product only.

I was wondering if there is anyone in the project that would take on some paid work to implement this for us as soon as possible.
We are also happy for enhancement to be included in the project and available to the public after the work is finished.

Please contact me on ''b m i f s u d @ v a c c . c o m . a u'' (without the spaces of course)

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Hi there,

Are you looking to be able to apply a discount percentage/dollar reduction per product, or is it actually a specific second price that is needed. There have been requests for discounts by role, but this is distinct from being able to have secondary pricing, as would be desirable for a site that has retail and trade/wholesale pricing.

Regards,
Rob

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Hi Rob, That's correct.

I have a website that sells items to the Public and also to Members.

The member Pricing is completely Different to the Public Pricing. But there is no pricing rule accross the items. it is simply what ever we think is a suitable price.

What we are pretty much after is a second price input on the Add Product page that could be assigned to a certain role.
When the person is logged in under that role. the second price is added instead of the original price.

I hope this helps you understand my goal...

Are you a developer of NB_Store?
If you are, can you possibly email me at 'b m i f s u d @ v a c c . c o m . a u'' (without the spaces)

Makes things a little easier :)

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Ok yep, just needed to clarify it a little.  Dave is the developer of NB Store and he will normally only add significant new functionality if one of his own clients requires it, but there is certainly opportunity to sponsor things and I've made good use of that option myself. He's away for a few days, but is checking the threads here and will get hold of you.

Regards,
Rob

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Great! Thanks a lot :)

Feb 21, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Hello, I still haven't heard anything from anyone...
we are willing to pay for the update, it is really urgent :P

Please help!

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Hi baleric,

Sorry, just got back in the office and going through emails...taking a long time!!

Anyway if you contact me through codeplex and explain in more detail what you need I'll reply with some possible solutions.

Regards,

Dave.

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Hello

Has this feature been implemented? Or is there a workaround for having 2 different prices with one assigned  to a certain role.

Kind regards

Nicolo

baleric wrote:

Hi Rob, That's correct.

I have a website that sells items to the Public and also to Members.

The member Pricing is completely Different to the Public Pricing. But there is no pricing rule accross the items. it is simply what ever we think is a suitable price.

What we are pretty much after is a second price input on the Add Product page that could be assigned to a certain role.
When the person is logged in under that role. the second price is added instead of the original price

Editor
Aug 17, 2010 at 11:47 AM

nicolo

Your description of requirements sounds very close to the Dealer price which was introduced not long ago. If you don't know about the dealer price then checkout the documentation.html for the latest version of NB_Store.

The Dealer price can be applied to a role called DEALER and you can set a price for each product.

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Hi technica

Yes this could be the solution i'm looking for. Thank you very much for the (lightning fast) response.

Nicolo

Sep 23, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Hello and thanks for all the great info.

I want to be able to display different prices for different roles on our site.  I looked in the documentation and could not find the steps to accomplish this.

I have limited programming skills, but I can follow directions.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Christian

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Hi Christian,

There is support for three prices. Retail, Sale, and Dealer. When you create a product, you'll see where there is another field next to the price field for a dealer price (there is also a cost price field, but that is not available as a token and is just meant as an internal record).

The Dealer price is displayed by way of the [TAG:DEALERPRICECURRENCY] token, whcih is not in the current product templates, so you have to add it yourself. You also need to ensure you have a backoffice setting called dealer.role and that it contains the DNN role you are going to assign to your trade customers. Note that this is case-sensitive.

When someone in the dealer role is signed in, and there is a dealerprice token in your template, and a dealer price is specified, then they will see that price.

There is one odd bit, in that the dealer price is displayed as a discount in the checkout.. but that can also be benefical because it makes it clear how much less dealers are paying.

The next major release of the store will contain a completely new set of standard templates that will have nearly all available features, including dealer pricing, built-in and saving the job of having to revise templates to gain functionality. The pricing tokens are also revised to allow for better display, so you might prefer to wait for that release if you dont' want to do it yourself now.

Regards
Rob

Sep 24, 2010 at 4:11 AM
Rob,

Thanks for the full explanation.

Can the dealer.role be created in the Utilities section of BackOffice?

Do you know the approximate ETA on the next full release?

Christian

On 9/23/10, robax <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: robax
>
> Hi Christian,There is support for three prices. Retail, Sale, and Dealer.
> When you create a product, you'll see where there is another field next to
> the price field for a dealer price (there is also a cost price field, but
> that is not available as a token and is just meant as an internal
> record).The Dealer price is displayed by way of the
> [TAG:DEALERPRICECURRENCY] token, whcih is not in the current product
> templates, so you have to add it yourself. You also need to ensure you have
> a backoffice setting called dealer.role and that it contains the DNN role
> you are going to assign to your trade customers. Note that this is
> case-sensitive.When someone in the dealer role is signed in, and there is a
> dealerprice token in your template, and a dealer price is specified, then
> they will see that price.There is one odd bit, in that the dealer price is
> displayed as a discount in the checkout.. but that can also be benefical
> because it makes it clear how much less dealers are paying.The next major
> release of the store will contain a completely new set of standard templates
> that will have nearly all available features, including dealer pricing,
> built-in and saving the job of having to revise templates to gain
> functionality. The pricing tokens are also revised to allow for better
> display, so you might prefer to wait for that release if you dont' want to
> do it yourself now.Regards
> Rob
>
>

--
Sent from my mobile device
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2010 at 4:29 AM

Yes, in utilities, settings.. if "dealer.role" isn't already present, simply add it using the "Add" button and the put the name of your dealer role in it.

Dave's hoping to get the new release into beta in the next week or so, at which point it would be fine to use for testing and development.

Regards
Rob