Stock - waiting for cheque

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Hi,

I got a question on the stock levels. The lockstockoncart is 1 so the item is removed as soon as the item is in a cart.
But once the order has been processed and waiting for check, the stock is released until the order is completely been paid?
Or is this a side effect of setting the purgecartmins to 1440 (24 hours)?
Are the items still in the cart when the order is waiting for check?

Cheers,

Thomas

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Hi Thomas,

Yes, this could be the side effect of the purgecartmins....

The idea of the lockstockoncart is that when it's set to 1 any stock in all the carts will count to the stock level, if the lockstockoncart is set to "0" then only that users cart counts to stock levels.  obviously when you clear the carts from the Database the stock levels reflect the actual stock, as there are no carts.

However, I think maybe your talking about something called the transitional stock level, This stock is allocated to be removed when an order is made, but doesn;t actaul get removed from the actual stock until the order has been completed or cancelled.  

There is also an option in the checkout module settings to allocated stock levels when payments are made by Cheque, it's this option that you probably need to check in order to stop the behaviour your describing.

Regards,

Dave.

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Dave,

I configured the checkout module to allocate stock levels by Cheque, but this only happens after the order is completed, right?
So I'm currenlty in the situation that I want the stock levels to adjust when an order by Cheque has been made but still not payed.
The lockstockoncart works well but the problem is that whenever the order is created, the cart is emptied, the order is still in process and the stock levels aren't changed.

A setting like lockstockoncheque might be useful or am I misinterpreting things?

Cheers,
Thomas

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Hi Thomas,

I've just done a quick test on the demo site and it seems to work correctly.  As soon as the order by cheque button is clicked the stock is removed. 

Is it the "Enable Stock for Cheque:" you have checked in the checkout module settings?

Regards,

Dave

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Dave,

I did a recheck and everything is working now as it should, thanks for taking care.
Cheers,

Thomas