Upgrading to DNN 05.02.03

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Hi all, just wanted to throw it out there that I just upgraded my DNN install to the 05.02.03 release that just came out.  
The NB_Store is still working like a charm, so no worries about upgrading your DNN install.  
Just remember, backup your SQL Server AND all your DNN website files first!! (take it from me, i learned the hard way)

ciao...
//rick

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM

That's great to hear Rick, thanks for letting us know

ROb

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Have NB_Store version 2.0.7 and there is a problem in DNN 5.2.3 in back office. When any user is logged in who has permissions to edit the back office page, even site administrator, then after try to edit  any existing product, Log In is displayed and user log off occurred. Even simply language change logs out user. Only host user is not logged out on product edit page in back office. Is it bug or configuration error?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2010 at 7:01 AM

Hi,

This sounds like an issue with DNN security which we solved in an earlier version of NB_Store, where the portal security didn;t return correctly if the tabid wasn;t in the thumbnail image url.  

I've just done a test on the demo ecommerce and everything seems OK, although it is running an older version of DNN and NB_Store. I'm going to upgrade the demo today, after I've done this I'll retest and let you know if I can re-create your issue.

Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Hi,

The restore failed today and I've not had the time to fix the upgrade process, so I'm not in a position at the moment to confirm any possible bug.  However I've not heared anyone else having this issue.  One idea could be to do a fresh install and see if the problem still exists.

If it does please let me know.

Regards,

Dave.

Mar 10, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Hi,

a long time ago I had the same issue.
It is resolved by adjusting the write permission in DNN.
This was performed by the server help desk.

Regards, Ton

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Security for account under which Application Pool is running checked, event viewer also, not helped. Tomorrow will try on new installation.