Change "Pay By Cheque" text

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Dave,

Where do I change the "Pay by Cheque" text in the checkout. I want to make it something like "Pay by Direct Deposit"

JJ

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Found it in the language settings.

I have got two providers setup, Pay by cheque, and paypal.

However the text "Pay by Paypal" is just text, whereas the Pay By Cheque is a link. Looks a bit odd.

Any way to make them both the same.

Also Pay by Cheque is just slightly higher.

Also, noticed their was a status of Waiting for Cheque

How do I change it to Waiting for Payment?

Mar 2, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Hi JJ,

I think the pay by cheque link should be an image  "/Desktopmodules/nb_store/img/BANKCHEQUE.gif"...check this is there, maybe your just displaying the alt.

Also the paypal link should be an image also??...not quite sure what your getting here?

The waiting for payment is in the DB have a read of This link: http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=74168

Regards,

Dave.

Mar 31, 2011 at 12:50 AM

This issue here, which I also find odd, is that each gateway has some text and an image, but only in the manual/cheque method is the text linked to the same destination as the image.

I think it would be wrong to also link the card payment text because that is often used to display a full message, not just a couple of words. So if anything, the manual gateway text should perhaps not be linked up.

Or, ultimately I'd rather just see some HTML buttons or links to handle the final payment click. Blocks of linked text, and linked graphics are both not very good.

I think it should be

Select your payment method:

• Credit Card
  • Cheque or Bank

A PayPal or other gateway logo can just be displayed somewhere in the area or elsewhere.

Rob