State sales tax (not really a new discussion, buuuut...)

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Hey,

I've seen a couple threads about this, but can't seem to contact anyone who's been able to get this to work, so I thought I'd send another thread out there....

I need to either create a way to charge sales tax for California only (i.e. based on REGION), or just remove it altogether so that I can have PayPal do the calculations (from what I've read, NB_Store always sends tax info to PayPal, so if it is blank, PayPal will interpret this to mean zero tax, and it will override any PayPal settings. It would work just fine if a zero tax was simply not passed along to PayPal...)

I did email David Lee, and he was kind enough to send me some new VB code that I could use to compile into a working solution, but sad as it may sound, this is a little beyond what I'm capable of (I only program in HTML, ASP, SQL, etc. Nothing that requires compiling from source code)

Any help from anyone on the issue is greatly appreciated!

(P.S. Just started using the store and it is fantastic! Thanks for the great product!!)

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2010 at 7:59 AM

The temporary fix for this can be found on the provider download page: http://nbstore.codeplex.com/releases/view/28920

The fix is a dll which will need to be copied into the DNN/bin folder.  Hopefully we'll get a new version of the paypal provder soon, which will allow the tax to be turned on or off.

Dave.

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2010 at 8:00 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.