Data source name

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM
hi, i m trying to find out data source for checkout fields. I added one field to checkout form through checkout.ascx file but couldn't find the datasource to modify so it can insert the new field data to the database. any one please advice, how to enter the new field data to the database. thanks
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Hi,

Things can get a little tricky changing the fields in the checkout, but basically the fiedls are originally updated by takeing the DNN proifile data.  When an order is created the data entered into the checkout is stored in the NB_Store_Address table.  the record it then linked to the order and cannot be removed.  The idea being that you can always trace what address was attached to an order.

If on the other hand you have some data which is not an addrerss then the place to save this would probably be the NB_Store_Orders table.

Obviously both methods of adding fields would mean changing the tables and SPROCSs

Also have a look at this thread..

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=60608

Regards,

Dave.

Mar 27, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Hello Dave, thanks for the reply. I already checked the thread you forwarded.

I managed to add a field in "address.ascx" instead of "checkout.ascx" and also amended the relevant SPROC, now I am getting the error "Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count." because I need to bind it with the datasource and this is what I was looking for. I will look into it more deeply tonight and will see how i gona make it workable.

Thanks for your help.

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM

HI,

OK, you'll need to change the DAL, look at "OrderController.vb", "ClassesInfo.vb", "SqlDataProvider.vb" and "DataProvider.vb" files.  You'll need to get the address class in-line with you SPROCS and table.

Regards,

Dave.