Checkout

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:49 PM

How can I remove "Region:" from checkout Billing Address?

I don't need it in our country.

Thanks for answer!

Igor

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2010 at 2:22 AM

Hi Igor,

The easiest way to do this right now is to find the ID of the table row that it resides in, and then hide that.

If you look at the source of the page as rendered by the browser (easiest done using Firebug's Inspect Element function), you'll find an Id looking something like this:

dnn_ctr4296_CheckOut_billaddress_rowRegion

The only difference will be that it has a different number in place of 4296. You could also just search the page source for "rowRegion" and that'll find it.

Then you can simply add the following to your portal.css to hide it:

#dnn_ctr4296_CheckOut_billaddress_rowRegion{display:none}

Regards,
Rob

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:48 AM

thanx robax!

it's working OK!

I have another problem.

By checkout the customer street address is displayed in second row ??? (they are two rows for street ??) and when you press coutinue you get "Street Is Required".

Does somebody know why is street displayed in second row and how to solve this issue ???

Thanks for answer!

Igor

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Hi Igor,
On my system I worked around that by changing the first Street label to "Address" and the second one to nothing/blank. This makes it look like there are simply two lines for the address, and this is quite useful, because there is no "Company" field and yet this is almost always required. I'm pretty sure only the upper address field validates, but I may have made that change here... not sure.

The entire address collector and checkout will eventually be upgraded, but I can't see Dave having time for it soon, unless someone decides to sponsor it.

Regards,
Rob

Apr 7, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Hi Rob,

where did you change this ?

Regards,

Igor

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Hi Igor,

Have a read of this post here to learn how to use the DNN language editor.

Alternatively, do it manually by making a copy of CheckOut.ascx.resx named CheckOut.ascx.Host.resx and then change the labels inside to what you prefer.

Mine goes:

Full Name:
Address:
(blank)
City/Town:
Region:
Postal Code:
Phone:
Cell:

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Hi Rob,

I check my CheckOut.ascx.resx file but I can find only:

Name                   Value
plStreet.Text        Street:

If I change "Street:" to "Address:" nothing change

I think it's a problem with txtAddress1 and txtAddress2. The  txtAddress2 hold right customer address and txtAddress1 is empty. By checkout program check value of txtAddress1 and give an error.

Please help!

Thank you in advance!!!

Regards,

Igor

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Hi!

I change in Address.ascx :

<TD vAlign="top" noWrap>
                    <asp:textbox id="txtAddress1" runat="server" cssclass="NormalTextBox" Width="300px" MaxLength="100"></asp:textbox>
                    <asp:requiredfieldvalidator id="valStreet" runat="server" CssClass="NormalRed" ControlToValidate="txtAddress1" ErrorMessage="<br>Street Is Required." Display="Dynamic"></asp:requiredfieldvalidator>
                </TD>

<TD vAlign="top" noWrap>
                    <asp:textbox id="txtAddress2" runat="server" cssclass="NormalTextBox" Width="300px" MaxLength="100"></asp:textbox>
                </TD>

in to:

<TD vAlign="top" noWrap>
                    <asp:textbox id="txtAddress2" runat="server" cssclass="NormalTextBox" Width="300px" MaxLength="100"></asp:textbox>
                    <asp:requiredfieldvalidator id="valStreet" runat="server" CssClass="NormalRed" ControlToValidate="txtAddress2" ErrorMessage="<br>Street Is Required." Display="Dynamic"></asp:requiredfieldvalidator>
                </TD>

<TD vAlign="top" noWrap>
                    <asp:textbox id="txtAddress1" runat="server" cssclass="NormalTextBox" Width="300px" MaxLength="100"></asp:textbox>
                </TD>

and now street address is displayed in first row with no error !!!

I hope it will work

Regards,

Igor

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM

If it is working as you have it set up now, then that should be fine.

The plStreet.Text is the correct label, and it should change if you change it in the resx file. The app should restart itself after the change is made.

Great that it's working in any case :)

Regards
Rob

May 20, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Is it possible to change the order of the Address fields?

e.g. the PostalCode field positioned just before theCity field?

Full Name:
Address:
(blank)
Postal Code:
City/Town:
Region:
Phone:
Cell:

Regards,

Arie

Coordinator
May 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Hi Arie,

At this stage you will have to do that in Address.ascx and make sure you re-apply your chane after upgrading.

You can reorganise it any way you like. just cut the table row with id="rowPostal" and move it up or down as desired.

Regards,
Rob