PayPal Displays buyer’s My Account Page

Apr 7, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I am configuring NBStore with PayPal sandbox for the first time. I followed the configuration instructions from NB Store - Configure PayPal Website Payments - 1.0.pdf

When I try to make a payment, I am redirected to PayPal and I login using a test buyer account.  The problem is that PayPal displays the “My Account” page for the buyer instead of the payment processing page.

Has anybody experienced this issue? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

George

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I think this may be something to do with Paypal updating the sandbox to force people to use a differnet url...try using ..

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

as the url for the paymentURL.

Let me know if this works and we can update the pdf.

Regards,

Dave.

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Dave,

The issue dissipated and I am not sure what filed it. Initially when I configured the PayPal provider, I had only the XML fragment from point 11 of "NB Store - Configure PayPal Website Payments - 1.0.pdf".  Then I realized I am missing the following lines:

<paypalurl>
          <cmd>_xclick</cmd>
          <bn>NBStore</bn>
          <quantity>1</quantity>
          <undefined_quantity>0</undefined_quantity>
          <no_note>1</no_note>
          <no_shipping>1</no_shipping>

</paypalurl>

It appears that restoring these lines has taken care of the problem. Thank you for your support,

George

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Thanks for reporting back George.

I haven't been convinced of the need for all the extra lines, but I've added them in the next version of that PDF now... better that it just works.

Regards,
Rob

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2010 at 6:38 AM

Hi Rob,

I think on a live site you don;t need these extra params (or at least the important one..xclick), because the live paypal is backward compatible, but I think they've change the sandbox paypal (In Europe for sure!) to require the new format url and the xclick param.

Regards,

Dave.