Error on 2.00.11 upload

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:12 PM

hi guys, i'm getting a strange error message when I upgraded from 2.00.9 to 2.00.11 this morning.  i am running DNN 05.03.01.
here's the last few lines of the dump message.  any ideas on how to fix this?

/rick 

Info:: Resource Files created
Info:: Component installed successfully - ResourceFile
Info:: Installation committed
Info:: Installation successful. - NB_Store_BackOffice
Info:: Starting Installation - NB_Store_MiniCart
Info:: Starting Installation - Module
Info:: Module registered successfully - NB_Store_MiniCart
Info:: Component installed successfully - Module
Info:: ExceptionSystem.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException() at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.GetSubscribers(String eventName) at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.SendMessage(EventMessage message, String eventName) at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.ModuleInstaller.Commit() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Commit() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Install() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.InstallPackages() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.Install()
Info:: Deleted temporary install folder
Info:: Installation Failed
Server Name: WEB126

Info:: Resource Files created

Info:: Component installed successfully - ResourceFile

Info:: Installation committed

Info:: Installation successful. - NB_Store_BackOffice

Info:: Starting Installation - NB_Store_MiniCart

Info:: Starting Installation - Module

Info:: Module registered successfully - NB_Store_MiniCart

Info:: Component installed successfully - Module

Info:: ExceptionSystem.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException() at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.GetSubscribers(String eventName) at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.SendMessage(EventMessage message, String eventName) at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.ModuleInstaller.Commit() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Commit() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Install() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.InstallPackages() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.Install()

Info:: Deleted temporary install folder

Info:: Installation Failed

Server Name: WEBxxx

Apr 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Hi Rick,

I've not had this problem, however the test installation system is runnig DNN 5.2.3.  I'm going to upgrade and retest the installation to see if I can re-create the problem.

I'll get back to you when I've tried it again.

Regards,

Dave.

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:35 AM

HI Rick,

I tried this at the weekend on DNN 5.3.1 and everything was OK.  I'm at a bit of a loss to explain this??..because it looks like a DNN issue with the installPackages function, you could try posting this on the DNN forum and see if anyone can offer advice?....Although they will probably tell you to post it here :-).

Have you tried restarting the DNN application and then try installing again?

Another idea could be to set the NB_Store version back to v2.0.8 and try installing again...you change the version by using SQL..(I wouldn;t want to try this on a LIVE site unless I it was completly down!)

---------------------------------------------------

Update desktopmodules
set version = '02.00.08'
where friendlyname like 'NB_Store%'

Update packages
set version = '02.00.08'
where friendlyname like 'NB_Store%'

---------------------------------------------

Regards,

Dave.

May 3, 2010 at 7:58 AM

I get the same error with 5.4.1.

Info      Created - Documentation/History.html
Info     Resource Files created
Info     Component installed successfully - ResourceFile
Failure     ExceptionSystem.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException() at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.GetSubscribers(String eventName) at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.SendMessage(EventMessage message, String eventName) at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.ModuleInstaller.Commit() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Commit() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Install() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.InstallPackages() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.Install()
Info     Deleted temporary install folder
EndJob     Installation Failed

May 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Hi abdu,

Yes, I think this is a DNN5 backward compatiblity with DNN4 manifest file issue, have a look at this work item for a possible solution...

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=5853

Regards,

Dave.

May 3, 2010 at 8:40 AM

I tried several times and it's the same error. The first line is an error message "Error loading files from temporary folder - see below". It helps to know why it's having problems reading from temporary folder. Which temporary folder and what is it trying to read from there? I see the modules in the list of modules in the host menu nut not in the list of modules for any page.

The link you posted mentions installing each module separately. How do you do that? The download is just a single zip file.

May 3, 2010 at 8:41 AM

So you're developing this under DNN 4?

May 3, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Hi,

I think temporary folder is a folder that DNN uses to unzip and store the install package files....this could be linked to folder permissions on your server??...or again compatiblity problems with the manifest file.

The installing each module seperatly is not possible, the person who reported the error said that they did the install of the package once for each module, eachtime 1 module successed at the end of 8 times all the modules were installed.

Development of NB_Store is currently backward compatible with DNN4, not everyone has full confidence in upgrading their sites to DNN5 yet.  Testing of NB_Store is done against DNN5 to ensure it works.  Therefore the install manifest file has to be in DNN4 format.  Which I've not had any issues with in testing installations against DNN5.  However due to a couple of people, including yourself, have issues I'm going to create a DNN5 and DNN4 format install package.  Hopefully I'll be able to get it finished and on codeplex this week.

Regards,

Dave.

May 3, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Also, Which version of DNN are you using??...NB_Store v2.0.11 has only been tested againt DNN5.3 so far!  During dev testing against DNN5.4 I've found some major issues in the way DNN5.4 deals with backwards compatiblity with core langaue packs during install and therefore can;t test NB_Store correctly against DNN5.4.

Dave.

May 3, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Hi

Just to add my comments, if you used 5.4.0 to install NB_Store then the installation will be a bad experience, there are serious issues with this release, howvever we have had 100% success with DNN 5.4.1 where the language issues for installed modules appears to have been resolved.

We have not tried to upgrade from 5.4.0 to 5.4.1 but from earlier versions of 5.x to 5.4.1 we have had no issues regarding the upgrade and installation of NB_Store.

We have however not used the RadEditor because it does not support all the nicve configuration options of the FCK Editor, such as relative paths for images, size of editor per portal, module or instance.

One issue with 5.4.x that we found durring testing is that while the installation of NB_Store was successful, they never appeared in the list of modules on the ribbon panel, an uninstall of NB_Store and reinstall resolve this, other site upgardes did not have this problem.

Since version 5.3.x of DNN I would strongly suggest that you only attempt upgrade testing with a copy of you production sites and test all aspects that are crtitical to your sites.

In relation to your module installation issue,  I tend to agree that it looks like a file system permissions problem, I had noticed a problem on my development\test machine that was similar, Windows 7 with IIS 7, while DNN installed successfully, I could not get any additional modules installed with out a similar error, while I never found out why, I changed the web sites file permissions to full acccess - everyone - installed modules then reset permissions. I basically threw a brick at the problem. This issue was with 5.3.x, I have not had the same issues with 5.4.1.

Craig

May 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the outline...

Just to give everyone as much info as we can here's a link to a post I made on the DNN forum for upgrading, which I think highlights an issue with backward compatiblity of DNN core language pack.

http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Forums/tabid/795/forumid/200/threadid/365043/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Although I think the problem I was trying to hightlight is different to the issue it's been labeled against!!!

Dave.

May 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM
leedavi wrote:

Also, Which version of DNN are you using??...NB_Store v2.0.11 has only been tested againt DNN5.3 so far!  During dev testing against DNN5.4 I've found some major issues in the way DNN5.4 deals with backwards compatiblity with core langaue packs during install and therefore can;t test NB_Store correctly against DNN5.4.

Dave.

As I mentioned, I am using 5.4.1. I have installed lots of modules and didn't have this problem.

May 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I am using Telerik editor, if that matters at all.

The installation of NB_Store seems to advance quite a while before it reports the error. Does this mean until then the installer didn't use the temporary folder? Where is the temporary folder located.. under which parent folder? I have no problem giving the parent folder full control to Everyone group and so there shouldn't be anymore permission issues and after the installation I can remove that permission.

I will try again using Process Monitor and see exactly which folder is giving the issue and why.

May 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM
abdu wrote:

I am using Telerik editor, if that matters at all.

The installation of NB_Store seems to advance quite a while before it reports the error. Does this mean until then the installer didn't use the temporary folder? Where is the temporary folder located.. under which parent folder? I have no problem giving the parent folder full control to Everyone group and so there shouldn't be anymore permission issues and after the installation I can remove that permission.

I will try again using Process Monitor and see exactly which folder is giving the issue and why.

Hi Abdu

I have to do another install of DNN and NB_Store today in my test machine,  If you would like me to try to replicate your issue,  I am happy to try the same install as you and see If I can assist further. If so let me know , what I would like you to email is the data from your problematic portal,  if you go to HOST\DASHBOARD and copy the information for each dashboard group into a private email so that I can see all settings in your installation. You can send this information in a private message by clicking on my user name.

Craig

May 4, 2010 at 1:03 AM

I gave full control to the Everyone group and I still got the error. So it doesn't look like it's a permissions folder unless the folder is outside the root folder.

I installed the full 5.4.1 source and installed NB_Store in it successfully. This indicates that the manifest file is OK.

I am not sure what the problem is. I was going to trace the source code and find the root of the problem but the source works fine. So now I have 3 options:

1- Copy the problematic installation on top of the source and debug the source or  use the bad DNN installation database with its web.config and hope the problem occurs.

2- Or manually copy the store's files and database rows from a good store installation to the problem DNN installation.

3- Or create a special build from the source which logs variables values and find out which key is missing as reported in the error message.

Anyone has a better idea?

May 4, 2010 at 5:04 AM

Hi Abdu,

When you say you've given Everyone full control, did you also go into the advanced tab of the folder secrity and apply changes to all sub folders?  I ask because I've had issues on windows server 2008, where although it looks like everyone has full control, in reality they still did not!!  I therefore re-applied all the permissions using the advanced tab option and everything worked OK.

Regards,

Dave.

May 4, 2010 at 8:11 AM

By default the permissions are propagated to the children folders. I checked this and the permissions are correct. I am using 2003. I still think it's not a permissions issue. I have installed many modules with no issues and I am sure they have used temporary folders. I think that error is misleading.

May 4, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Hi Abdu,

Yes, I just mentioned it because I had a simular issue, looking at the folder permissions everything looked OK and it was only when I re-apply the permission from the advanced option that I got it working again.

However you may be right, I think the next thing to try may be to create a DNN5 manifest file and try and load that into your installation.  Unfortunatly I've not found the time to do this yet, and I don't think I will find the time until the end of the week.  If you want to have a go at it yourself, you can contact me through codeplex I can send you an example from another project of the kind of format your need to create.

Regards,

Dave.

May 7, 2010 at 8:09 AM
This looks like a problem with the DNN package installer in 5.4.1. According to Gemini, this is fixed in 5.4.2. So I'll just wait when it's released.
Jul 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Hi,

Sorry to bump up this old thread, but I'm experiencing the same issue now with an upgrade from 2.0.11 to 2.01.00. I'm using DNN 5.4.1.
The log is below (last part of it, it is in Dutch)

Info:: Aangemaakt - Documentation/History.html
Info:: Backup van vorige versie wordt gemaakt - module.css
Info:: Aangemaakt - module.css
Info:: Hulpbronbestanden aangemaakt
Info:: Component succesvol geïnstalleerd - ResourceFile
Info:: UitzonderingSystem.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary'2.get_Item(TKey key)at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.GetSubscribers(String eventName)at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.SendMessage(EventMessage message, String eventName)at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.ModuleInstaller.Commit()at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Commit()at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Install()at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.InstallPackages()at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.Install()
Info:: Tijdelijke installatie map verwijderd
Info:: Installatie mislukt

After reading through this thread I think I will try upgrading my DNN install tonight to 5.4.4.
Any other suggestions about this issue?

Tim

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:14 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 2:01 AM
I am also having the same Issue I just upgraded DNN to 5.4.4 and the latest release of NBstore (install) and On the install I got

Failure ExceptionSystem.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException() at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.GetSubscribers(String eventName) at DotNetNuke.Services.EventQueue.EventQueueController.SendMessage(EventMessage message, String eventName) at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.ModuleInstaller.Commit() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Commit() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.Install() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.InstallPackages() at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.Install()

However everything else was ok... but as a result of this it does not display in my module list, so its unusable.

Cheers

Jul 8, 2010 at 2:00 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 2:01 AM
It looks like its not a NBstore issue but a DNN problem I have logged a forum post over at DNN....

http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Forums/tabid/795/forumid/200/threadid/375657/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Cheers.

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Hi all,

I resolved my issues and sucessfully installed the new store version on my 5.4.1 DNN install.

Thanks to the link provided by brad I stumbled upon this tread: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Forums/tabid/795/forumid/200/threadid/362367/scope/posts/threadpage/7/Default.aspx, which in turn lead me to http://longnhi.com/Blogs/tabid/174/EntryId/75/Error-installing-module-on-DNN5-3-1-5-4-1.aspx

"This is a particular DNN issue and is generally caused by missing component in the ..\Portals\_default\EventQueue\EventQueue.config file.  To fix the issue simply copy the content between the --- lines to your EventQueue.config.  Make sure to replace the following value to from the value of your original EventQueue.config file

efbcd110-e941-410a-96f9-96c74b794ec9

In addition you will also need to change the PrivateKey (D9E266EF75204BD7A867C6091FF7587D) to your own custom value. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<EventQueueConfig>
  <PublishedEvents>
    <Event>
      <EventName>Application_Start</EventName>
      <Subscribers>efbcd110-e941-410a-96f9-96c74b794ec9</Subscribers>
    </Event>
    <Event>
      <EventName>Application_Start_FirstRequest</EventName>
      <Subscribers>efbcd110-e941-410a-96f9-96c74b794ec9</Subscribers>
    </Event>
  </PublishedEvents>
  <EventQueueSubscribers>
    <Subscriber>
      <ID>efbcd110-e941-410a-96f9-96c74b794ec9</ID>
      <Name>DNN Core</Name>
      <Address />
      <Description />
      <PrivateKey>D9E266EF75204BD7A867C6091FF7587D</PrivateKey>
    </Subscriber>
  </EventQueueSubscribers>
</EventQueueConfig>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The part in bold was missing in my installation. I added it and restarted the application. When I then tried to re-install the new store version it completed succesfully. :-)
Don't forget to replace the the key with the values currently in your EventQueue.config file!

Another suggestion I found in one of the DNN forums is to delete the file completely. DNN will re-create it when it needs it.

Hope this helps,
Tim

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Tim your a Champ!!!! fixed my issues also! Brad