Appear disappear Add to basket button for a user group

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Is there a way to show the "add to basket" button only for certain user groups?
I need that my unlogged user doesen't see that is possible to order

Rmartin

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Yep, that's in there.

Search the documentation.html for "Special Authorized User Templates". I'm using this on a site that is a viewing catalogue for the public, and a purchasing catalogue for wholesalers.

Reagrds
Rob

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Hi robax thanks for your help....

I have tried this solution and it works well but i can't to cane the template for the user role....

For my project is ok but do you thinks is possibly to att at the end of the template name the user role?

For example:
If we have a productlist template called "myproductlist.template" specified in the productlist module settings and the user is logged in then the "myproductlist.templateXXXXXX" where XXXXXX is the name of the user role?

Rmartin

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Thanks for the suggestion and great to hear it's working out.

This is a large discussion that as yet needs to be had. There are many different aspects of a store that could be secured to roles... products, options, models, custom fields, downloads, categories, vouchers, templates, pricing, shipping and so on.

Currently the store supports special pricing for a single specific role, and the special product list template for signed-in users. The next release will also allow specific models to be assigned to the dealer role. There are of course also the possiblities made available through standard DNN page and module permissions, and so there is some further potential to create different views for different roles.

I've made note about this so that a strategy for implementing content security can be established.

Regards,
Rob