Email payment gateway

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:00 PM
Hello,

How to add an email payment gateway ?
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM
Hi,

Do you mean a payment gateway linked to something like the Paypal email payments?  

To be honest I've never used this method and I'm unsure of how I would implement it....if you give me a bit more information I'll see if I can find the time to look into it and give you a better answer.

Regards,
Dave.
Feb 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM
The email gateway like cheque method (nothing to do with paypal).
On store checkout settings, Payment Gateway : Email
On checkout process, do not ask for "Payment Method" (skip this step).
The merchant validate manually the payment.

Sorry for my bad english.
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2009 at 3:48 PM
Ok I think I understand, you just want an email sending to for the order.  The easiest way to do this is probably to just change the text and button for the cheque payment.

1) Cheque image to a more suitable one. (\DesktopModules\NB_Store\img\BANKCHEQUE.gif)
2) change the "
chqpayment.text" & "chqpayment.email"  in the templates.

This should simple work as a cheque payment but all the text will say what you need to say.

I hope this helps,
Dave.
Feb 11, 2009 at 3:50 PM
Ok.

Thanks !

---
François
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2009 at 10:32 PM
I agree, an "email gateway" is definitely very important, but it needs to be defined. The majority of sellers I've built carts for prefer to receive emailed orders; the main reason for this is that they do not use the website as their stock control tool. Having an email gateway means that they can check each order to ensure they have it all in stock and can then arrange for any changes. If they only had live credit card processing, they'd get into trouble more often and have to deal with refunds and unhappy customers.

However, it's less important to focus on the email aspect (all orders and payments are notified by email anyway) and more important to focus on the payment option. Otherwise the buyer and seller have to communicate and agree on one afterwards - yet it should really all be handled by the cart. Emails alone are not really enough. The seller shuold be able to specify the payment methods available and the buyer should be able to choose from those. Anything less-specific is going to put buyers off.

The following "email gateway" methods have been the most important ones I've implemented in the past on non-DNN carts:

1. Credit card by email - This is the most-used method for small business retailers for whom the website cart is just a compliment to their real "bricks and mortar" store. To implement this correctly, one has to never store the credit card number as a single number. I normally implement the excellent PHP Zen Cart application (because DNN has no equivalent) and that uses the method of splitting the card number into two pieces as it is submitted - the first piece is the 2 outer 4-digit numbers and the second piece the two inner 4-digit numbers. One of the pairs is emailed to the seller along with the order. The other pair is stored with the order in the database. The seller puts the two numbers together and processes the payment in-store.

2. Payment by direct/online banking - This is the next-most-used method of payment here. In this method the seller's bank account details and payment instructions are displayed and also emailed to the buyer with the order confirmation.

3. Payment by invoice - On non-public distributer-only sites this is the only method of payment I've been asked to implement. These sellers already have an expensive invoicing and payment processing system in place in their businesses and the website has to fit into that. The cart needs to provide a field for the buyer to insert their own order reference number. No payments are processed. The invoice is printed out and placed in the box with the product.

4. Paypal credit card processing
  5. Cheque

Non-Paypal credit card processing is also important but none of the usual options (authorize.net etc) are available here in NZ so I tend to have to just use basic PayPal, which I think is very good, but there is still always some resistance to.

Thanks again for working on your cart here Dave.. I'll test the latest release this week and provide some feedback.
Regards,
Rob

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 7:49 AM
Once again thanks for your feedback Rob.
I'll take the ideas for payment method onboard and see if we can implement them over time.

Regards,
Dave.
Jun 22, 2009 at 11:50 PM

The templates you mentioned do not change the text "pay by cheque" in the "select you method of payment" section... only the page after that.  Can you point me in the right direction to change this text?  I don't think it is in the settings or templates...

The picture is easy enough to change.

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Hi,

The "pay b y cheque" & "select you method of payment" can be found in the Checkout.resx files under "lblCheque.Text" & "lblBankCard.Text".

Jun 23, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Thank you, that was easy.

Is it possible to change

Bank Card:
Please select your type of payment.

?

html: <TD vAlign="bottom"><p><strong>Bank Card:</strong><br /> Please select your type of payment.</p>
      </TD>

if so how?

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2009 at 12:21 AM

There is also the "gatewaymsg.text" template you can use, but apart from that you'll have to change the Checkout.ascx.