Cheque Checkout Option Throwing an exception

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:38 AM
I installed the cart and added products. Everything seemed to be working perfect, both PayPal and Cheque checkout option.

Now all of a sudden when I try to checkout using the cheque option cart is throwing an exception and nothing displays, but the order seems to get recorded:

URL displays the following:
tabid=98&error=The+type+initializer+for+%27NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ChequeInterface%27+threw+an+exception.&content=0

Module displays the following:
The type initializer for 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ChequeInterface' threw an exception.

Any idea what this might be, I can't remember the last thing I changed that could be causing this?

Thank You

Paul

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2009 at 8:18 AM
Hi Paul,

I've not seem this error before, but if the order is being updated with the order number and the order status is going to "waiting for chq" that that would indicate that there is a problem with the sending of either the client confirmation email or the manager email.

Are you recieving any emails when you make an order?

two this to look at:
1 - check you've got the cheque provider selected in the checkout settings.  The restart the application from Host>configuration menu.  This should just make sure you've got the correct providers in memory!
2 - Look at the email settings for DNN and make sure DNN can send emails.  (although even if this isn't working I wouldn't have expected an error to appear!)

Let me know how you get on?

Dave.