Downward compatability

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:50 PM
HI all,

I have a client that has DNN 4.82 installed. For various reasons they cannot upgrade. The store wont install on their site. How can I get this to work? Is there some code changes that need to be done? IS there something specific to DNN 4.9 that the store is using.
It would be a shame if we would need to find something else if this cannot work

Your thoughts much appreciated
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Hi,
I can't remember any code which makes it incompatible with DNN 4.8.2.  My first thought is the Ajax rendering of the adminproduct page, and also the fck editor in earlier versions of DNN not being compatible with ajax.

What error messages are you getting?

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM
HI David,

I installed the package wiht no problem. But when I add the store manager module I get the error.
Below is the DNN stack trace.

Thanks
Robert

Error: NB_Store_ManagerMenu is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\1b745c2c\8fcf00a1\App_Web_menumanager.ascx.7007b9cd.umjzgm62.0.vb(53): error BC32206: Indirect reference is being made to assembly DotNetNuke version 4.9.0.85, which contains 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. This Project references a prior version of DotNetNuke version 4.8.2.0. To use 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager', you must replace the reference to DotNetNuke with version 4.9.0.85 or higher. ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\1b745c2c\8fcf00a1\App_Web_menumanager.ascx.7007b9cd.umjzgm62.0.vb(53): error BC32206: Indirect reference is being made to assembly DotNetNuke version 4.9.0.85, which contains 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager'. This Project references a prior version of DotNetNuke version 4.8.2.0. To use 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.MenuManager', you must replace the reference to DotNetNuke with version 4.9.0.85 or higher. at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleInfo objModule, PortalSettings PortalSettings) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Hi Robert,

I see the problem, obvious really, the offical release of NB_Store is compatible with DNN4.9 and has a reference set to the DNN4.9 dll.  In order to make it compatible with 4.8.2 you should just need to download the source change the reference to the DotNetNuke.dll to the 4.8.2 version you want to work with and recompile!!

I can't off the top of my head think of any reasons this shouldn't work, but I have only developed NB_Store in 4.9.  However NB_Store was originally started with version 4.8 so it should be OK.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Dave.

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Hi David,

Yes I did see that. I did download the source. But the source makes reference to a dotnetnuke.library.vbproj. Which I don't have. I don't have the DNN source.
Where can I get this from.

BTW, thanks for the great and fast response on this.

Robert
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2009 at 9:41 PM
Hi Robert,

You don't need the DNN library, if you remove the library from your project, and change all the DotNetNuke ref's to point directly to your DNN 4.8.2 dll it should work OK.

Dave