Can't get it to show $ signs

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Edited Mar 22, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Hi Dave, 

I struggle to get the NBStore set up. I can't find a way to show $ in teh product listing instead of the Euro sign and the Cart still shows "Panier" and the Euro sign instead of "Basket" etc. I had a look at a sample page you gave in your post but this shop is using Euros.Is there a way to change the currency symbool? I tried to set merchant.culture to en-US without a change! Any help?

Cheers

Peter

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Hi Peter,

You need to look at the templates, in particular the "minicart.template",  If your using 01.01.05, goto the "Back_Office>Utilities>Temlplates", if your using 01.01.01 then "Manager_menu>Templates".

Regards,
Dave.
Mar 23, 2009 at 1:29 AM
Cool, Thanks Dave! This fixed it! I must have edited the cart template earlier and forgot about it! Thank you, you made me happy!

Cheers

Peter
Oct 31, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Hello Peter, I am running version 01.02.02 and I am new to this module (and DNN) I followed your recommendations above, however, I cannot seem to change the Euro sign to the $ sign after the amount. I went to the minimart templates, but all I could change was the following: Basket [Cart:Qty] article(s) : $ [Cart:OrderTotal]. As you can see I modified the word "Basket" and added a "$" sign before the amount. I just can't figure out how to remove the Euro sign after the amount. Please help. Thanks!!

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2009 at 8:15 PM

HI,

To solve some issues with currency, we introduced the "currency.culture" setting in verison 1.2.  Have a look at the documentation.html that comes with the package. (Unfortunatly I don;t think the wiki has been updated)

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Hello Dave, your quick response is much appreciated. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks!!!

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Hello Dave!

I have installed the latest version and cannot find currency.culture setting in the settings list... Can you help please, I also need to change Euro sign in [TAG:MODELS]

Tnank you in advance!

Alex

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM

The "currency.culture" setting doesn;t exist by default, you have to create it and adding the setting.

Have a look at the documentation.html, that is installed in the module directory with NB_Store.

Dave.

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Dave, I have created the setting, set the value "kzt" for Kazakh Tenge currency and immediately get the error that the catalog is unavaliable... How many symbols are allowed for the sign?

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Hi,

It needs to be a culture code  "kk-KZ" I think,have a look at this link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee825488(CS.20).aspx

If you want a display format not linked to the offical currency then you can use a standard asp format code in the setting, just make sure it's with double quotes e.g. "#0.00 kzt"

Nov 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Tahnks a lot, Dave!

Nov 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM
leedavi wrote:

Hi,

It needs to be a culture code  "kk-KZ" I think,have a look at this link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee825488(CS.20).aspx

If you want a display format not linked to the offical currency then you can use a standard asp format code in the setting, just make sure it's with double quotes e.g. "#0.00 kzt"

Double quote does not work in this case, I tried many variants but without success

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, just seen your post...emails not working for some reason..

If you use a culture code you don't need the double quotes just the culturte cose   kk-KZ   .   You only need the double quotes if your using a formating code.

Regards,

Dave.

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I'm on DNN 5 with NB_Store 2.0.0.7 and can't get English to show up in the product list. I've set the merchant.culture and currency.culture to English-US, but still get "A partir de : 0.00 € TTC selon disponibilité" in the product list.

Help!

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I edited my productlist2.template, and now it's in English.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM

For English US -

I struggled with this for a bit until I looked it up http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee825488(CS.20).aspx.

For United States it's  en-US.

Backoffice Modle -> Utilities -> Merchant.Culture  .. setting value to en-US

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Thanks!