Question about Currency

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM
I've been through the online documentation but can't seem to find how to change the currency symbol.  My currency is in US-Dollars and need to change the symbol to the "dollar sign" ($) and have it placed to the left of the amount.

I'm very impressed so far with the module.  Hat's off to you guys!

Thanks,
Chuck
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2009 at 8:07 AM
Hi Chuck,
In the cart the $ sign should be picked up from the current culture.  The other € signs that exists in the system can all be changed from templates on version 01.01.05 Back Office>Utilities>Templates, on previoous verison it will be Manger Menu>Templates.

Regards,
Dave.
Feb 16, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I'm sorry but the answer is not clear on which template needs to be changed. I am still having the same problem after changing a bunch of templates. Is there a way to have English set as the current culture for all templates and other items?

The problem is in the NB_Store_Checkout page/module. There is no setting for current culture.

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I'm having the same problem, I actually had all templates showing $ sign in version 1.00.09.  Now I upgraded to 2.00.07 and my cart is showing the EURO sign.  Product listings show the correct symbol, but in the Mini Cart and Order, the EURO sign shows also, in some cases it shows both $ and EURO.  Actually in the mini cart it shows $ sign in front and EURO after price.

Please assist

Paul

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Things have moved on a bit since the first post, now....

In the settings you can set a setting called "currency.culture" to your needed culture....for US dollor you'll use a values of  "en-US".

For your templates you can used the tokens, [TAG:FROMPRICECURRENCY], [TAG:CURRENCYSYMBOL] & [TAG:SALEPRICECURRENCY] if you need to.

Regards,

Dave.