Adding Items to the Product List

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM
Hi thanks for working on this looks great so far.

I am trying to add the products to my List however there isnt a Update button under the Text Editor to upload the products?
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 3:56 AM
The workflow is sort of upside down.. the Update buttons are at the top. Click Update then scroll down again and more options will appear. Make sure you add your categories first.
Apr 16, 2009 at 5:01 AM
adding the categories seems to be the issue it won't allow me to?
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 5:54 AM
The categories screen is fairy straightforward and you only need to enter a name and an order number, then click update. What exactly is happening?
Apr 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM
I can't seem to find the options in how to create a category. In the NB_StoreCatMenu 
Apr 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM
Ok I created a catergory using the backoffice, is there any better documentation I can get to use this module? It looks great however its taking a long time to work out.

I am trying to build a basic store to sell wine. 4 products all wine, 10% tax and using paypal or email confirmation of the order. Can NB_Store do this? 

Cheers
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Hi,
Yes NB_Store will do what your asking, unfortunatly the documentation is still not good, the best place to look is probably the codeplex wiki,

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Documentation

Regards,
Dave.
Apr 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM

No matter what I do I cannor get the products to display in the Catalog. I can setup them up in the backoffice and in the nb_store product list. However I can not get them showing up at all???

The instructions I have been using are from here as there is no detailed documentation for this module

http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Blogs/tabid/825/EntryId/1387/Store-Documentation-Part-1.aspx

I am more than happy to write up documentation for this module for basic operations with screenshots as soon as I can get this working. Any ideas?

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM
Hi,
I think I understand your problem, The documentation you're using is for the DNN Store.  Are you using the DNN Store or NB_Store?  NB_Store is a completly different development.  If you're using NB_Store then you need to look at the wiki on this website (I pointed to that in the previous post) or http://www.nevoweb.com/Portals/nevoweb08/nb_store_docs/documentation.html

the section you need to look at first is:

Basic Install and Setup of NB_Store

To install and setup NB_Store you should:
  • Install - Browse to the "Host/Module Definitions" page and select "Update New Module". In the file upload control browse for the the NB_Store module and click Upload custom Module.
  • Setting up roles - Create a new role called "Manager" and another role called "ManagerLite"
  • Create a Store Manager Menu - Add a new page to your website called "Store Menu". On this new page add the module NB_Store_ManagerMenu. Give module edit rights to the "Manager" and "ManagerLite" roles. (On the first loadup of the manager menu it will load the default settings and templates into the database.) TIP: To add content to the store start by adding categories, before products.
  • Create Cart and Checkout - Add a new page to your website called "Cart". On this new page add the module NB_Store_Checkout. On the settings menu of the module specify your requirments, default settings are loaded the first time you enter the settings.
  • Create ProductList - Add a new page to your website called "Shop". On this new page add the module NB_Store_ProductList. On the settigs menu of the module specify your requirments, default settings are loaded the first time you enter the settings.
  • Create Category Menu -At the top of the "Shop" Page add the module NB_Store_CategoryMenu. On the settigs menu of the module specify your requirments, default settings are loaded the first time you enter the settings.
This is all you need to do to get a basic store to work. Additional modules NB_Store_MiniCart and NB_Store_OrderHistory can also be setup as you wish.

Hope this help,

Also if you do get it working and have the time to produce documentation I would be very grateful to get a copy I could release with the project.  Documentation is something that I'm aware is lacking, but find myself unable to find the time to do.

Regards,
Dave.