ordersreport

May 5, 2009 at 10:14 AM
how is it possible to run ordersreport. as sheduled task (system level).
barcoding possibility.what kind of library schould be used to get it functioning.
Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Hi,
I'm unsure what you mean by barcoding?? (Do you mean having this on the report?)... but to get the order reports that are standard in NB_Store look at the documentation for scheduler:

Scheduler

The store has 2 scheduler jobs that can be activated. By default these jobs are not setup when you install the module.

NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.StoreOrderReport,NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store
The purpose of this schedule job is to produce a report every day which is emailed to the store merchant email address.
This report then provides a daily overview of the site orders, also the fact that the report is sent daily ensures the store email functionaity is working.

Time Lapse: 1 hour*
Retry Frequency: 10 mins

*The functionality of the report saves the last runtime in the store setting, and will only run the report once a day.

The report is produced using XSL the path of the "ordersreport_<Culture>.xsl" which is uploaded into the module directory when it is installed, must be entered in the store settings. This defaults to the module directory, but is modifiable so different portals can have different reports.

NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.CleanUpCarts,NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store
This schedule job will delete carts from the database that are older than 7 days and removed uncompleted orders that are older that 24 hours.

SPROC:NEvoweb_NB_Store_Cart_DeleteOldCarts

delete from dbo.[NB_Store_Cart]
where DateCreated < dateadd(day,-7,getdate())

delete from dbo.[NB_Store_Orders]
where OrderDate < dateadd(day,-1,getdate())
and OrderNumber = ''

Time Lapse: 1 day
Retry Frequency: 10 mins

If you want to change the orders report, you can look at changing the report xsl, but you will be limited to the xml input.

Alternativly you could write you own sceduler based on the orders report one and generate your own xml, this would then give you the option of adding any data you wish.

Regards,
Dave.

May 5, 2009 at 12:10 PM
There are no administrative jobs assigned to NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.StoreOrderReport,NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.
Installed succeeded, but none scheduled jobs appears in scheduling list. What went wrong?
Secondly i mean basicly how barcodes will be combined with productcodes and what kind of method should be used to get it fuctioning.

Regards,

Markku.
Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Hi Marku,

The install doesn't install the schedule jobs, you have to do this manually throught the DNN Host>Schedule menu.

With barcodes: At the moment each model can have a barcode attached to it, but I'm not doing anything other than this with it at the moment, When I designed the DB I just felt it needed to be there, but I've not had any reason to implement it for anything yet.  If you've got a specific need to use barcodes I'd be happy if you could explain?  And maybe we could look at implementing it in a future version.

Regards,
Dave.
May 5, 2009 at 12:53 PM
Thanks a lot for your answering to my needs. Barcodes are needed when you are picking up goods from store
and this list will also be a checking list for customer attached to ship order. labeling goods with barcodes is
must in every companines because you are able to remote control your store or make inventories. B2B store needs barcodes
B2C seldom. When think about selling this eCommerce to today's companines with eStore it will also be a big advantage or jump to a professional one.

Regards,

Markku.

Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Yes, That's the reason it's there, but as I've said it's not something that I have a need to devlope, because my clients are all B2C.  However addition report and functionaility could easily be added if you have a need to report these things, but this leads into warehouse control, barcode readers, etc...  At the moment I've no plans to move in this direction however I agree placing the barcode on the reports would be an adventage.  At some point the future reporting functinality of NB_Store will be improved at this point I'll be sure to include the barcode in the output.

In the meantime as an example of listing the barcode for you or anyone one that needs a report like this the SQL is fairly straight forward:

select
        M.ModelID,
        M.ProductID,
        M.barcode,
        P.TaxCategoryID,
        M.ListOrder,
        M.UnitCost,
        M.Barcode,
        M.ModelRef,
        M.Deleted,
        ML.Lang,
        ML.ModelName,
        QtyRemaining,
        QtyTrans,
        QtyTransDate,
        PL.ProductName,
        P.PortalID
    from dbo.[NB_Store_Model] as M
    inner join dbo.[NB_Store_Products] as P on P.ProductID = M.ProductID
    left outer join dbo.[NB_Store_ProductLang] as PL on PL.ProductID = M.ProductID and PL.Lang = 'fr-FR'
    left outer join dbo.[NB_Store_ModelLang] as ML on ML.ModelID = M.ModelID and ML.Lang = 'fr-FR'
    where P.PortalID = 0
    and isnull(M.Deleted,0) = 0
    and isnull(P.Archived,0) = 0
    order by PL.ProductName,M.ListOrder,ML.ModelName,M.ModelRef

Regards,
Dave.