Products don't show

May 22, 2009 at 12:53 AM

I have created a "Shop" page and added the category module and the product module.

When you select a category, no products show up.  Is there a setting the link the two modules?

Thanks,

Reddirt

May 22, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I looked at setting the product template - but, there aren't any in the list.

Do I have to create a product template before the products will show up?

Thanks,

Reddirt

May 22, 2009 at 1:08 AM
Edited May 22, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Do I need to import some default templates?

If yes, where do I get them?

Thanks,

Reddirt

May 22, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Hi there,

It sounds as if you haven't installed the Back Office module yet and you need to install it first. The docs aren't updated with the new module name yet so it's easy to miss.

Add NB_Store_BackOffice to the page and give it a click. It takes you through to where everything can be done. It also installs the templates. I don't know if it matters that it wasn't installed first, but probably not.

Once you have that happening, things will become more clear. You still need to check the settigns for the various modules to ensure they have the correct pages specified for the catalogue and checkout etc, and also check that the product list and product details templates are applied in the place where you've been looking.

Copy the contents of those templates to create new templates and then you can change the layout as you see fit.

Rob

May 22, 2009 at 4:09 AM

I installed the NB_Store_BackOffice module in another page.

Does it have to be on the same page?

Reddirt

May 22, 2009 at 4:15 AM

No it can be on any page. I just have it on the shop page for convenience - but it generally needs the template that it uses cleaned out so that it doesn't stretch the page out of whack.

Go into the back office, look in Utilities, Temapltes and see if you can see anny of the standard templates in there.

I'm assuming you created at least one category and then added at least one product?

Rob

May 22, 2009 at 4:18 AM

I put the BackOffice, Category, and Product modules on the same page.

I still don't see any products!

And I can't select any templates in the Product module settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Reddirt

May 22, 2009 at 4:31 AM

Is this somewhere where it can be looked at... meaning, if I pm you my email address, and you send me a login and the URL, I can have a quick look to check. Otherwise I suggest waiting until Dave or Oliver responds. They might have a a better idea.

I've installed this a fair few times and not run into the issuse you're mentioning, but I'm sure it can't be too hard to figure out.

Rob

May 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Hi Redirt,

From everything I've read on this post I can't see why you shouldn;t be able to see the templates.

When you load the BackOffice module all the templates should be imported automatically.  However one thing you could try is to go into the backoffice>host tab and import the tempates from the "ManagerMenuDefault.xml" manually.  After you've done this you should be able to see all the templates in the Utilities>Templates tab.

What version of DNN are you running?

What version of NB_Store are you using?

I'm not in the office until next week, so I can't do anything to solve your problem until then, but let us know your status after trying the manual import of templates.

Regards,

Dave.

May 22, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Dave,

I'm running DNN 05.00.01 and MB 1.1.5.

I went to BackOffice/Host and imported ManagerMenuDefault.xml

I then looked at Utilities/Templates and the French versions are installed.

I did not select the French to import.

I then went to the NB_Store_Products module settings and the "templates" drop downs are empty.

Reddirt

May 26, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Hi,

There seems to be a problem with your installation.  Manually installing the  ManagerMenuDefault.xml, should only install the default templates.  The french being there shouldn't be a problem, but you definatly need the default ones installed in order to display any products in any other language.

In the past I've done a some small tests with DNN5 and NB_Store seems to load OK, I also know Oliver Hine has done most of his devlopement is DNN5, so it should be working OK. 

Things to try:

1. Delete the "version" and "versionDB" settings in Utilities>settings and try the manual import again.

2. Try importing into a new installation of DNN and see if you get the same problems.  If it's possible I would suggest DNN4, because DNN5 is known not to be fully stable yet.

Regards,

Dave.

May 26, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Also I've just had a thought that this might be your problem:

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3626

May 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Also Again,

v1.1.6 of NB_Store (Beta) should have a fix for this, so you could try that.