List price e dealer price

May 28, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Hi,

congratulations for this excellent module. Would be interesting to also manage other prices as the price list, price dealer and cost price.

Thanks

Mario

Coordinator
May 29, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Hi,

This is something not on the roadmap at the moment, but I'll make a note so when we review the roadmap it gets looked at.

Thanks,

Dave.

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Request for a List Price field and token to be used in templates.
Our client wanted to show a list price on product detail page. This is fairly common in US, where merchants will show the List Price (or MSRP -manufacturer's suggested retail price) as a comparison to how much lower their price is.
I wasn't sure exactly how product price fields were designed to be used, but based on DB column names...
Sell (Unit Cost) - price to customer - OK
Dealer (Dealer Cost) - price merchant offers to a dealer or wholesaler ?
Cost (Purchase Cost) - price merchant paid to vendor(for reporting)?
Based on this, a new ListPrice field would have made sense, but since I didn't see that Dealer and Cost prices were being used (and to minimize code changes) I told our client to enter their List price into Cost field and I modified code to create a Token for Cost field (PurchasePrice in the code). Code changes listed in readme file in patches section.

Second that for a List Price field and token to be used in templates. Or at minimum add tokens for dealer and purchase cost fields. (I already customized code w/ token for purchase cost--see patches).

Our client wanted to show a list price on product detail page. This is fairly common in US, where merchants will show the List Price (or MSRP -manufacturer's suggested retail price) as a comparison to how much lower their price is.

I wasn't sure exactly how product price fields were designed to be used, but based on DB column names...

Sell (Unit Cost) - price to customer - OK
Dealer (Dealer Cost) - price merchant offers to a dealer or wholesaler ?
Cost (Purchase Cost) - price merchant paid to vendor(for reporting)?

Based on this, a new ListPrice field would have made sense, but since I didn't see that Dealer and Cost prices were being used (and to minimize code changes) I told our client to enter their List price into Cost field and I modified code to create a Token for Cost field (PurchasePrice in the code). Code changes listed in readme file in patches section.

Thanks,
-Zolt

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2009 at 2:21 AM

OK, Great! Thanks Zolt.

I'll look at you changes later this week and implement what I can.

Thanks,

Dave.