Menu Links and 3rd Party Menu Module

May 30, 2009 at 5:41 AM

I just installed your module and trying it out.  So far, I like what you guys have done with the module and the direction of the design, coding and featureset.  Keep up the good work.  Please help me answer and figure out the following:

I navigated to the 'Discount' Tab and found nothing under that tab.  Is there a particular step missing?

I have most of the information contained in the 'productlist' and hte 'productdetail' templates are in French.  Where do I change thi?  I do not speak French so do not know what the words mean

I cannot find where to insert the 'add to cart' link/image

How can I confirm that I am running in the the 'normal' mode and not the 'lite' mode?

Has anyone implemented the Authorize.net payment gateway?  If not, what will it take to get help from the developer or a good DNN programmer?

I need help with other programming and template work and would love it if someone can help

Btw, I am not a DNN coder or techie so really can use help...  Shipping Feature, Payment Gateway, Template Tweaking, etc.

Thanks Guys.

Coordinator
May 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Hi, In answer to your questions:

1. The discount tab.  I'm currently writing the discount system, so I've put the tab in ready but as yet there is no functionailty for it.  v1.2 should have this included, hopefully should get a Beta out by the end of next month.

2. The french problemn I think comes from a bug in the template install in 1.1.5, It's fix in v1.1.6 (Beta2), if you want the English in your current version, delete the MenuMangerDefault_fr_FR.xml from the nb_Store/template directory then goto Host Tab and import the MangerMenuDefault.xml settings.

3. In the Utilities>Templates you can add it to the template you wish to display.

4. The Authorize .Net is being devloped by Oliver Hine, I'm unsure of it's prpgress, but when it's ready we'll post it on codeplex.

5. Sorry but the the drawback of open source is support is difficult to get, either you'll have to try and work it out yourself or pay someone to help you.

Regards,

Dave.

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Well Dave,

I am definitely willing to pay for someone to do the mods that we wish... hopefully you if your price is right.  How can I discuss this further with you?  Also, what hosting company do you suggest for a DNN site to get a fast loading and good performance out of this Module? 

Authorize.net or Quantum Gateway Integration with the ability to 'Authorize, Capture, Void, Refund Orders/Amounts'

Recurring Billing Capabilities

Tweak the templates or make new ones for the product display and product detail page templates

Integrate a CSS Tab into the Product detail page

Add a Unit of Measurement into the Add Product page as I need to list my product with a UM like ea., case, lb. etc

Dual Shipping based on Zip-Codes and order amount e.g. Zip-codes Zone 1(90001-90031) $0-$49.99= $8.00, $50.00-$99.99=$7.50, and so on and on...with other Zones - and then Real-Time Shipping via UPS or FEDEX  if the customers zip-code does not match any in the zip-code tables, get rates from UPS or FEDEX.

We currently have a copy of Snapsis Pageblaster but do not know how to properly install and configure it.  These are some of the many things that we are looking to get done.

If Dave or any of the NB Store developers are available, please let me know.  Anybody out there that is affordable and write good codes?

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2009 at 9:39 AM
Edited Jun 2, 2009 at 9:41 AM

I'll jump in for a moment...

Last I saw, Oliver was looking for someone who had a live authorize.net account so that he could do some final testing. If you have one, then that might be just what is needed to get it happening. I don't know if it has all the desired features, but I'm sure Oliver will tell you.

For hosting, it depends on whether you are running one portal system with one portal on it and one store, or if you are going to run several, and whether you have a budget or none. A generic shared hosting account is not an option for a reliable commercial DNN website, but you can get a better shared host like PowerDNN that is restricted to a single site at the lower-mid end, or move up from there to a mid-range VPS with a shared DB, e.g. at Webhost4life, to a pricey VPS with its own DB, or, at the top end, get a fully dedicated server. I've had most of these over nearly 4 years with DNN and was 70%-happy with a full VPS and am now very happy with my dedicated box at ServerIntellect.

I'd hold off using Pageblaster at the start. Wait until you've nailed the rest of the system down and then consider using it as a tweak. DNN does run fast on its own and if it is not running fast enough then it's not because PageBlaster isn't installed... it's something else.

Dave, for adding a unit of measurement, perhaps the ability to create custom fields would be the most flexible feature? What also matters is whether such fields become searchable, and especially filterable and sortable in the display. That goes for existing fields as well.

Rob

oh, and I can make templates if needed and if Dave or Oliver are busy on other bits.

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:39 AM
> From: Ade'
>
> I'll jump in for a moment...
>
> Last I saw, Oliver was looking for someone who had a live
> authorize.net account so that he could do some final testing. If you
> have one, then that might be just what is needed to get it happening.
> I don't know if it has all the desired features, but I'm sure Oliver
> will tell you.
>
> I do have an authorize.net account and would be happy to load the
> feature and have it tested using my account to see if and how it
> works. Have whosoever it working on that gateway contact me and we
> can work it out.
>
> For hosting, it depends on whether you are running one portal system
> with one portal on it and one store, or if you are going to run
> several, and whether you have a budget or none. A generic shared
> hosting account is not an option for a reliable commercial DNN
> website, but you can get a better shared host like PowerDNN that is
> restricted to a single site at the lower-mid end, or move up from
> there to a mid-range VPS with a shared DB, e.g. at Webhost4life, to a
> pricey VPS with its own DB, or, at the top end, get a fully dedicated
> server. I've had most of these over nearly 4 years with DNN and was
> 70%-happy with a full VPS and am now very happy with my dedicated box
> at ServerIntellect.
>
> I am looking to run 1 or 2 portals and thats it. But only One portal
> right now.
>
> I'd hold off using Pageblaster at the start. Wait until you've nailed
> the rest of the system down and then consider using it as a tweak. DNN
> does run fast on its own and if it is not running fast enough then
> it's not because PageBlaster isn't installed... it's something else.
>
> OKAY. I have the module but would not load just yet. As to your text
> that DNN runs fast on its own, I beg to differ as I have heard and
> read quite a lot where people are not happy with DNN just for that
> fact. Maybe there is something I am missing.
>
> Dave, for adding a unit of measurement, perhaps the ability to create
> custom fields would be the most flexible feature? What also matters is
> whether such fields become searchable, and especially filterable and
> sortable in the display. That goes for existing fields as well.
>
> Adding a cutom field feature would do the kob for now and I can then
> come back later and do other things to it if need be. Fr the most
> part, that field is for display and invoice purpose only....that way a
> customer would know how a product is offered since our products are
> offered in many units of measurements
>
> Rob
>
>
>
>
>
> Read the full discussion online
> <http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=57952&ANCHOR#Post196752>.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed]
> <mailto:[email removed]?subject=%5BNBStore:57952%5D>)
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed] <mailto:[email removed]>
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion
> on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe
> <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/thread/unsubscribe/57952> on
> codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any
> posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
>
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 7:17 AM

I've sent Oliver a message directing him to this thread re; the authorize.net provider testing.

The point about DNN running fast is related to the use of Page Blaster, not DNN in comparison with a PHP app or similar. If your DNN portal is not running fast enough then it is a resource issue. Fast disks and plenty of RAM are more important in this case than the CPU speed. Disks are the biggest bottleneck and in a shared system, you can wait minutes for things to get going.

The point again is that Page blaster doesn't cure problems caused by lack of resources, therefore you need to get DNN running fast without it first, and then you can use PB as a tweak. The second point was that a cheap shared account is simply not going to work. You have to have resources dedicated to your DNN instance.

Rob

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Hi Ade,

I don;t know if your email is working or if my emails are being spam blocked, but I replyed yesterday to your email and again today (1 through codeplex, 1 via your reply email address)  let me know if you got them.

Regards,

Dave.