No Skin.css reference in Back Office

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Hi There

This is just a quick note to let you know there is no reference to current skin's "skins.css" file once you enter the back office.

It's not a major problem, however when I was customising the shop to match the skin, the BackOffice looked different to the rest of the modules.

for example, the skin I use defines <h1> through <h6> and I used these tags to customise the dashboard text, but due to the skins css link refence not being made in the page head, the <Hx> html tags are presented incorrectly.

by the way i'm using 01.01.06 beta version

I note I could copy the skin.css from my site skin into the skin.css of nb_store but I think that defeats the purpose of changable skins.

Great products guys... much better that the default product in dnn. and this beta version has a much better UI - well done!!

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Hi,

Glad you like the new UI...always trying to improve this!

The reason for the backoffice skin was because I found that while deveoping the BO I had to design large tables and formats for forms, when I moved these to my live production site, because the skin was different, they didn't work correctly.  Therefore I created the BO admin skin so I could design with a standard output with a standard css.  Sorry but this work well for me, so if you do want to change it you'll have to alter your css.  Also if you really want to change the skin for the BO you can edit the MainMenu.xml skin node to point to which ever skin you wish or remove the reference to the skin node to use the portal default.

Regards,

Dave