Adding items to billing adres

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to add extra items to the billing adres information.

Extra fields like Company, ...

And how is this done ?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Hi,

No, unfortunatly you can't do this easily, the templating system has not been implemented in the checkout.  If you want to do it it would mean a code change.

Regards,

Dave

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM

By adding a few new field is there allot of codechange or a few files ?

Maybe you know the files by name ?

Thanks for your information

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM

The problem is you need to change the database, SPROCS, data access level code, checkout.ascx, plus maybe more I can't think of off the top of my head...

There's quite a lot you need to change, but for a starting point look at the "Address.ascx" which in turn is called by the "Checkout.ascx", you'll then be able to trace it through.

Regards,

Dave.

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM

So this is not a webshop for bisuness to bisuness trade ?

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Dave, does any of the DNN user profile data populate the order address fields? I'm wondering if Holoncom could possibly use the store in regsitered-user mode and obtain whatever extra fields are needed during the sign-up?

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I've build the store for my clients needs, the address is taken from the basic DNN number of fields.  If you want to change the field names so it reflects what you need, that is easy, simple change the label titles in the CheckOut.ascx.resx  e.g. change "Full Name" to "Company Name",  The problem is the amount of fields, in hindsight I should have done a "Company Name" field, but at the time I simply didn't need any extra fields.

I have had some ideas to move the checkout into the templaing system, but that's a long way off...even if ever!

Regards,

Dave

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Hi Rob,

No, the address field are hardcode in, but that does lead to an option of adding the needed fields in DNN and then only re-aligning the address field in the adress.ascx.  That would make changing the code a far simpler situation.

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:23 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I editted the Address.ascx and managed to put the field Company in the billingaddress.

I have put the extra field Company in the DNN File Properties.

I used the Token [User:Company] and [Profile:Company] to resolve the company in the order.text.template.

I get a blanc space where the companyname should appear.

Didn't work. Is there any other way to resolve this ?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2009 at 12:21 PM

HI,

If you've edited the address.ascx to place the company name into what was the "Addressname field" then you should just be able to use the [BAddress:AddressName] token in the order.text.template.

Also if you've managed to change the Address.ascx, I've just had a thought that the "AddressDescription" field is not being used, you could use this as the company name field and the still keep the addressname field for the Full Name of the contact.

If you do manage to get this working I'd be interested in viewing your code so I can think about the possiblity of giving an option for company name field in the address.

Regards,

Dave.

Jun 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Hi i'm trying to use the AddressDescription field.

Maybe you can help me with the next error: A critical error has occurred.
The type initializer for 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ChequeInterface' threw an exception.

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

I can't think of any reason why this should happen, can you give me anymore details?

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:06 PM
Holoncom wrote:

Hi i'm trying to use the AddressDescription field.

Maybe you can help me with the next error: A critical error has occurred.
The type initializer for 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ChequeInterface' threw an exception.

Hi,

I have the same problem with The type initializer for 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ChequeInterface' threw an exception. error. The error displays when the Cheque payment method is selected. The error appears at the end of checkout process, right after the address form is filled in and "pay by cheque" is selected. I noticed that in the latest version, previous version was working fine. Any clue how to fix the problem?

@Holoncom:
Have you found the solution?

Thanks for the answer,
Nejc

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Hi Nejc,

My first suggestion would be to go into the checkout module settings and make sure you've selected the "Standard" cheque payment gateway...Restart DNN application after you've selected it, to clear the cache.

Regards,

Dave.