Shipping costs, Terms and Conditions, Friendly URL and recommended product

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Hi, I am trying to implement your e-shop and I have to say that I like it. But I have couple of questions:

-          Is it possible to calculate shipping cost with respect to weight and distance?

-          Is it possible to have there a chceck box that buyer agrees with Terms and Conditions

-          Is it possible to somehow use friendlier URLs describing the products?

-          Is it possible to have a recommended products on the first page of the shop?

If not, would it be difficult for me to add it to the project?

Thanks for your help

Jiri

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Hi Jiri,

I've detailed the answers below.

If you do any changes to the code, let me know and I'll see if they are suitable to place in the NB_Store core.

> -          Is it possible to calculate shipping cost with respect to weight and distance?

Yes, but not directly.  You have to setup all the weight ranges in the shipping admin, You'll need to create a range  of distances (or regions) which clients can select.  These will be setup as "fake" countries, so in the country dropdown list that exists at the moment, instead of countries you'll have your fake distances (or regions) e.g. "France - Aveyron".

> -          Is it possible to have there a chceck box that buyer agrees with Terms and Conditions

Can't do this at the moment, but should be fairly stright forward to add, if it was me I'd look into the templaing system, and have a place holder on the checkout.ascx which is populated by the templating system (using a datalist, passing an blank objject in an arrylist)

> -          Is it possible to somehow use friendlier URLs describing the products?

No, This feature is down on the roadmap, I'm unsure how or when I'm going to implement it yet.

> -          Is it possible to have a recommended products on the first page of the shop?

Yes, create a productlist module on the page and set the browse mode to Featured - Disable browse.

Regards,
Dave.

Jul 2, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Hi Dave,

thanks for your help, I will try to do as you advised and let you know.

Regards

Jiri