more than one template on a page

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:45 PM

whenever I put more than one productlist template on a page and i click one of the products to view the detailed product info, it also displays the other product from the other template in the detailed view.

Also, what is the proper setting for the featured product listing ..??  Please refer to 414 Organic.com and take a look at the homepage ...for a sample of what I am referring to.

Thanks 

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Have a play with the "Browsing Mode" setting in the product list module settings. I think this will deal with both of your queries.

Only one product list module should be enabled to show the details view. There is also a related setting under Tabs/Pages if you want the details view to be on a different page altogether.

Rob

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:10 AM

I have not been able to figure this one out yet. One my home page I added the productdetail list module. Under settings I selected Featured Only, Browsing Enabled. However, when you click on a photo it simply reloads the page. I am using the same templates as I do in another part of the site with the only difference being the Browsing Mode is Enabled, not Featured Only, Browsing Enabled. Am I missing a setting or is there a problem with the Featured Only, Browsing Enabled feature?

Thanks,

Richard

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Hi Richard,

I noticed this on the last site I did, the featured only option doesn;t allow for viewing as a detail view.  (Not sure if we should call this a bug or simply that's the way it is, because featured products often link to another prodcutlist module/tab when clicked.)  However the way around this seems more flexible, so I think the way forward it to enhance this method: 

1. Create a category called "FeaturedCategory" and make it archived, (Obviously the enhancement will be to create a hidden checkbox)

2. Move the products you wish to display into the category.

3. Make the product list display only this new category "FeaturedCategory" and browsing mode no enabled.

This should get a round the issue.

OR use the current idea, and link the product detail tab to another tab/productlist module.

Regards,

Dave.

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Can anyone work me through making sure that only the 'clicked' item shows up in the detailed page and not the same item showing up twice.  I disabled browsing for one of them and that did not work.  U can take a look here:

dev.414organic.com.dnnmax.com

groceries > dairy foods

Thanks guys

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Hi Ade,

Your site looks good.!  The reason you get two images on the detail  is because of the two productlists on the same page.  The way around this is to create a hidden tab to display your product detail.

1. Create a new page and hide it.

2. Add the productlist module, and assign the product detail template you want.

3. The to productlist modules on you product list page need to be setup in the settings to have a product detail page that points to you new hidden page.

Regards,

Dave.