TreeView in 1.1.7 Beta4

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Dave,

This is great. However it would be really nice if the sub menu items only showed when the main menu item was selected (or at least this be an option).

Not sure how hard it is.

For example

-------------
Software
Hardware
-------------

Click on Hardware and get

-----------
Software
Hardware
    Notebooks
    Desktops
    Servers
----------

Main reason is if you have lots of categories, you need to reduce it by using Main Categories, and sub categories.   Showing all sub categories sort of defeats the purpose.

Personally, this lack of vertical menu was the one show stopper in my using NB Store. Getting this usable means I probably can go ahead with it.

Take a look at how these guys do it: http://www.emerald-solutions.co.uk/etailerdemostore/Demostorefront/tabid/54/Default.aspx

JJ.

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2009 at 2:47 AM

jj, check my development site at wumpworld.com. Click on one of the flash icons to reach the cart.

I also needed a vertical menu and harrassed Dave until he relented and enabled the treeview code. I'm using the tree menu on the right of that site. See if it works as you're expecting. It seems to agree as far as I can tell. You might need to update the treeview code template to make it work - I made a post here yesterday with the required code in it.

But regardless, note that the jquery treeview is not heavily integrated into NB Store at this point, and you'll find that it will lose its place upon adding an item to cart. There isn't a perfect vertical menu for the cart yet.

Rob

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2009 at 2:49 AM

The treeview code is in this thread: http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=63255

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Upgraded to 1.1.7, now can't get to the store module. Just get a blank page with the "NB Store" logo.

Url is http://dotnetnuke.goldrush.local/Admin/Store/tabid/61/ctl/AdminDashboard/mid/384/Default.aspx?SkinSrc=%2fDesktopModules%2fNB_Store%2fSkins%2fStoreAdmin%2fNB_StoreAdmin

if that helps.

I deleted the page, recreated it and re-added the NB_Store_BackOffice module. Still the same.

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Hi JJ,

OK...This sounds nasty??..I've never seen the back office disappear like this on an update!...and off the top of my head I can't think of anything that would do this.  (unless the module update crahsed in the middle!)

Things to try:

1. restart the DNN application by going to Host>Configuration - restart application.

2. Make sure you've got the latest version from codeplex (beta4) and try installing again. 

Before installing try setting the nb_Store version back to 1.1.6 by using Host>SQL

Update desktopmodules
set version = '01.01.06'
where friendlyname like 'NB_Store%'

Check the output of the module install for any errors.

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Dave,

done as instructed.

No errors on the install.

Still the same result.

There isn't much on the site. I could blow it away and reinstall DNN. Just a bit concerned about why this would happen?

Any other things to look for?

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Hi,

could you email the page source to dcl@nevoweb.com so I can have a look at what might be causing it. 

Thanks,

Dave.

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2009 at 6:01 AM

Hi JJ,

Thanks for the html code, it did help!

Yes, I've found a clash between a tidy up of the nb_store admin skin.css, module.css and the DNN default skins (I'm unsure why at the moment).  I'm currently finishing a beta5 release and will revent the css files back to the previous versions.

Workaround:

1. Change the admin edit default skin in DNN>admin setting, to a simple skin that will work.

2. Take the skin.css and module.css from nb_store v1.1.6 and overwrite the "\desktopmodules\NB_Store\modules.css" and "\DesktopModules\NB_Store\Skins\StoreAdmin\skin.css"

3. Wait for the beta5...later today.

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Dave,

Thanks. Just installed beta 5, and all good.

JJ