Importing documents

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM

When importing documents in a zip file format I get the notification Imported Zip Items: 0. I get no error message and the documents are not imported. I have tried exporting the existing documents, deleting them and importing them again, no success. I have tried to import new pdf and docx documents without any luck. The documents are small (45Kb for two documents). I don't get an error anywhere and I'm confused at the moment what the cause is. All other imports, products and images, work without problems.

I have also put 2 pdf's and one jpg file in a zip file and imported that via the document import box. Only the jpg was imported. I use DNN version 5.01.01.

Any help would be appreciated.

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Hi,

I've had a look at the code that does the document import and it uses the same function as the images.  This simply unzips the documents into the "productdocs" folder.

I'm unsure why your having a problem, are the documents in the "productdocs" folder, but not being linked to the product correctly?

Regards,

Dave.

Aug 14, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Hi Dave,

The problem is that documents are NOT uploaded at all. I'm also not getting an error message but just the simple notification Imported Zip Items: 0.

When I put image files in the document zip file the images are uploaded and the documents are ignored. So far I have tried pdf, doc, txt and docx extensions.

Regards,

Victor

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Hi Victor,

I've just tried it and there seems to be some issue...I'll move this to a work item and try and find out what's happening.

Thanks,

Dave.

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 1:17 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Hi Victor,

I've completed the changes to the NB_Store import.  You can get the beta from codeplex now.

This should solve the problem your getting.

Regards,

Dave.