CSS styling

Aug 15, 2009 at 4:44 AM

First let me say, I LOVE NB_Store!!! I have been trying to find a solution for DNN for about two years. I've tried and tried to get the core module to function the way I need it, and I've actually purchased or trialled 5 others, all of which were missing some simple bit of functionality. That is to say... I've wanted to be able to add options/models to my products, the core module will not do it. I've also wanted to create product feature displays for seperate pages within my websites, all but one of the purchased solutions (CATALook) were 'sealed' units ie the product list and cart load as a single module and you're unable to split out functionality to other pages. And while I do like the comprehensive functionality of CATALook OMG there's a learning curve!!!

However, I discovered NB_Store three days ago, and it's taken me a total of 2.5 hours to install configure and set it up and integrate it with PayPal. My first site utilising NB_Store is now ready for my client to sign off on. It's straight forward to implement, and the backoffice is well considered and intuitive. Everything I've needed to customise has been very easy to find, Bar one small issue outlined below.

Right... ego stroking over, I have two small issues you can help me with.

1) The text on the Store modules is much bigger on the pages than the rest of the text, could you please provide a list of the CSS styles used to manage the basic styles within the solution and where I go to modify it.

2) I'd like to make a donation in recognition of your great work (And I intend to provide a donation for each site I implement it on in the future) but the link on th project home page is dead!!

Cheers

MartyNZ

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2009 at 6:16 AM

Hi MartyNZ,

Great news you like NB_Store, thanks for the ego boost!!

The CSS styles are included in the "/desktopmodules/NB_Store/module.css" (or "/desktopmodules/NB_Store/Skins/StoreAdmin/Skin.css" for the admin skin).  I believe our designer (he's not here now so I can't ask!) overwrites these in the skin.css he creates for the site, however I think you should be able to overwrite them in the portal.css in the DNN "site settings".

Thanks for considering giving a donation, even small donations make the work we've put into NB_Store seem worth while.  I did have a issue with my server on Thursday morning, but the should have been resolved by noon, I've just checked the link on the home page and it seems to work OK.  Please let me know if you have any other trouble with it.

Thanks,

Dave.

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Thanks Dave,

I’ve found the CSS files now so that’ll be sorted now.

I was checking the links on Thursday morning your time so that’ll be why it wasn’t working for me. I’ve just checked and it’s working now so I will be making my first donation shortly.

One more thing. I have another client I plan to use this app on but she requires orders to be emailed to her so she can process purchases manually. How do I go about making this happen?

Cheers

Martyn Cook

Legal Disclaimer

All views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author. Accordingly, iSupport Solutions Limited does not accept responsibility for the contents of the message unless specifically stated otherwise.

This email is intended solely for the addressee(s) and the information it contains is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient (a) please delete this email and inform the sender as soon as possible, and (b) any copying, distribution or other action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Sent: Saturday, 15 August 2009 6:17 p.m.
To: Martyn Cook
Subject: Re: CSS styling [NBStore:65772]

Hi MartyNZ,

Great news you like NB_Store, thanks for the ego boost!!

The CSS styles are included in the "/desktopmodules/NB_Store/module.css" (or "/desktopmodules/NB_Store/Skins/StoreAdmin/Skin.css" for the admin skin). I believe our designer (he's not here now so I can't ask!) overwrites these in the skin.css he creates for the site, however I think you should be able to overwrite them in the portal.css in the DNN "site settings".

Thanks for considering giving a donation, even small donations make the work we've put into NB_Store seem worth while. I did have a issue with my server on Thursday morning, but the should have been resolved by noon, I've just checked the link on the home page and it seems to work OK. Please let me know if you have any other trouble with it.

Thanks,

Dave.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4336 (20090814) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Hi Martyn,

I would do this by using the cheque payment method, change the icon and text to something more like what you want. (Although if your running multiple portals, then changing the icon will effect all the portals.)

The templates you need to look at are "chqpayment.email", "chqpayment.text" and "gatewaymsg.text"

Regards,

Dave

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I was just starting to use NBStore and I really like i as well. I am trying to do the same thing as Martyn as to have customers confirm their order but not actually place the order. We still want our customer service reps to go over the orders with the customers to make sure they understand everything. Can you tell me where I might be able to find where to change the text for the Pay by Cheque or Deposit? I have not been able to find it in the code anywhere. I have been pulling my hair out trying to find it... 

The other question is hat we sell only by case and I was wondering if there is a way to change the form so that when they put in 1 they would get one case vs one item?

Other than that this has been awesome.... I appreciate all the hard work you guys have put in to make such a great store. 

Thanks, 

Adam 

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Hi Adam, this thread seems to be about CSS. Suggest making new posts with new questions.

That particular label is held in one of the language files: DesktopModules\NB_Store\App_LocalResources\CheckOut.ascx.resx

Copy that file, rename it to CheckOut.ascx.Host.resx and then you can make changes that will hold through module upgrades. Or rename it to CheckOut.ascx.(portalID).resx, (insert the ID of the portal in question) and the changes will only apply to that portal. You can also do these things through the DNN language editor.

Regarding the item/case issue. The products you sell in the store should only be the products you actually sell. If you only sell something in cases, then the product should be the cases, not the contents. If you are trying to display a price for an individual item inside the case, but then only sell it by the case, then you would either put the individual price in the title, summary, description etc, or you could create a custom field for the purpose.

Regards
Rob