Why dont have a filter?

Aug 17, 2009 at 3:25 AM

i'd like NB_Store and try to deploy my Cart, i think the NB_Store should have a filer product (filter by Price, by Manufacture ...)
I hope that The Next generation of NB_Store will include that function :)

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2009 at 4:29 AM

I've got that one listed on the roadmap notes I'm making, so hopefully it will make it in at some point.

There is a workaround that you can use to get by in the meantime...

Look for this section in the documentation.html:

In the product list settings a default order can be selected. Also if a queryString parameter of "orderby" is added the product list sort by the select value, a "desc" parameter can also be added to give a decending order.

• orderby=man [Order by manufacturer]
  • orderby=ref [Order by product ref]
  • orderby=name [Order by name]
  • orderby=price [Order by price]
  • orderby=cdate [Order by Created Date]
  • desc=1 [Descending]

With that in mind you can use the links module in drop-down mode to create a list of 'Sort by" links. I'm using a third party module, zclinks, off snowcovered for the purpose because it will trigger the link to be loaded when selected off the list. The core links module requires clicking the Go button. This could probablty also be done by hand and pasted into a text/html module, but I like the convenience of zclinks.

The drawback with this system is that it always sorts the entire catalogue, not just the current view. This may not matter in a small store. You can see it in action here.

Regards,
Rob