Optional register

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I know the store allows an unregister user to place an order. And I know I can set it to require registration to order. Is there a way to give the option to register or opt to contine to order without registering? I have a client that wants to option to register but does not want it to be required.

Thanks,

Richard

Aug 22, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Hi Richard,

Yes, NB Store should be working like this by default. The template logintext.text is made for the purpose. Make sure you haven't disabled the login message in the Checkout module settings, as that allows this page to be skipped.

Regards
Rob

Aug 23, 2009 at 5:07 AM

Rob,

Thanks for the info. I got it working now using the tokens. There was no javascript in the default template for the skip feature. You might want to update that to help everyone out in the future.

Richard

Sep 4, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I'm wanting to know how to skip the login screen completely... so the user will click on "Order" from the cart view page and go to the Email / Billing Address / etc screen.

How does one accomplish this?

Thanks,

Hugh

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Hi Hugh.

In the checkout settings you need to set

Allow Non-User Order:

and

Disable Login Message:

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:09 AM
Edited Nov 22, 2009 at 7:10 AM
aresquare wrote:

Rob,

Thanks for the info. I got it working now using the tokens. There was no javascript in the default template for the skip feature. You might want to update that to help everyone out in the future.

Richard

Hello Richard

what did you add to implement the skip feature? Could you post your template here (the latest beta still isn't updated)?

Kind regards
Nicolo

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:31 AM
Edited Nov 22, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Hi

I just found it. Use the 3 Tags in the example below. It would help, if the default template would be updated accordingly.

<p>Login to complete your order.</p>
<p>
<table width="100%" border="0">
    <tbody>
        <tr>
            <td width="50%" align="center">I already have an account : <br />
            <a href="[TAG:Login]">Connexion</a></td>
            <td width="50%" align="center">I do NOT have an aaccount : <br />
            <a href="[TAG:Register]">Inscription</a></td>
        </tr>
    </tbody>
</table>
</p>
<p><a href="[TAG:SkipLogin]">I don't want to register, continue without register</a></p>

Thanks to all who contribute to this amazing module!