discounts

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:41 AM

Hi Guys

I've just downloaded and installed the latest version of the store, on flicking through I've spotted that discounts and vouchers are coming soon

do you have any idea when this will be implimented?

thanks

Pat

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Hi Pat,

David has just this week put out the first alpha for basic discount coupon and specials functionality. Sponsorship has helped bring this forward a little and we're all looking forward to it. He hopes to have a beta available by the end of the week, but don't promise or sell it to any clients it until you've got it in your hands and tested to satisfaction :)

Regards,
Rob

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Thanks for quick reply, any idea what sort of functions will be available?

will discount be before or after carriage?

will we be able to set different types of discount? what i was thinking was to have set codes for a set percentage discount and to be able to set a discount after a certain level of spend

OK, I know I'm asking a lot but if I can get an Ecommerce module that works and is easy to use I don't mind putting my hand in my pocket to help support it. I did try CataLOOK but found it way too complicated for my users to work with I like the KISS principle

Looking forward to the release

Pat

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Hi Pat,

It's still in alpha so it may change...(I think not!), but

Discounts will be before carriage.

and Yes, you will be able to add range discounts.

The discounts aren't as far reaching as I first planned, due to complexity.  I want the discounts system to mature rather than be a buggy 1 hit wonder, but it should still do most peoples needs.

Regards,

Dave.