Change Currency!

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Edited Sep 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I know that I can change the currency by currency.culture or merchant.culture in setting section, but the currency in some cultures are wrong!!!

for example I've changed culture to "fa-IR" and currency was set "#,#/00 ریال" that it is wrong, the correct form is "#,# ریال". I've tryed to change the default culture and set correct form, but nb_store just use system default culture.

I change function FormatToStoreCurrency in SharedFunctions.vb to

rtnValue = Value.ToString(

"c", New Globalization.CultureInfo(GetMerchantCulture(PortalID), True)) {True means useUserOverride} but nb_store used default system,

so I changed the source code to -> rtnValue = Value.ToString("#,# ریال")

How can I resolve this problem instead of changing the source code!?!

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Hi,

I'm no expert in ISO currency formats, so I'll take your word for it that it's wrong.  Perhaps we should complain to Microsoft!!...not that that would do any good!!

However in the next release I've added a format option in the "currency.culture" so if you enter a value in double quotes it uses that format instead of the culture code.

You'll have to wait for the next version...hopfully beta will be out next week.

Regards,

Dave.

Sep 26, 2009 at 7:16 AM
Edited Sep 26, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Hi

very good, if you want I can help you. I can change the source code with your algoritm, and I'm making Persian (Farsi) language pack.

I like to join to your developers team.

many tnx

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2009 at 8:22 AM

HI,

Great news your creating a Persian Language Pack. 

I'm always happy when people want ot help with NB_Store, contact me through codeplex and we'll have a talk about what can be done.

Thanks,

Dave.