admin template/layout change

Sep 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM
Edited Sep 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Hello Guys,

What is the best way to change the template and/or layout of the 'backoffice'  I am interested in changing that to a simpler layout like the Windows XP type layout.  Is it just a matter of changing the template or is it more involved than that?  Can use your input and direction.

Thanks for the excellent work on this module.

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2009 at 2:55 AM

Hi adeo,

What would an XP style layout look like?... just to get an idea of what's needed.

Rob

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:10 AM
Take a look at this sample. The most important part od the layout is the menu in the left with the menu content opening on the right.. See the attached...

Thanks

To: [email removed]
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:55:41 -0700
Subject: Re: admin template/layout change [NBStore:70279]

Hi adeo,
What would an XP style layout look like?... just to get an idea of what's needed.
Rob
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you.
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hi Adeo,

I can't get any attachments through codplex, but I presume you want to make the top tab menu in the backoffice an treelike structure on the side.  This should be possible by changing the aspx struncture and the javascript & css that creates the tab structure to a javascript & css treelike one.  I've not looked into this at all but I think it's technically possible, I would only advise if you go down this route to be careful it doesn't take too long for little gain.

Regards,

Dave.