Possible bug in minicart

Oct 19, 2009 at 11:14 AM

i have a nex chekout:

PASTILLAS DE ENCENDIDO .1800209050019. 1,20 € <input id="dnn_ctr809_CheckOut_cartlist1_dgCartList_ctl02_txtQty" style="width: 30px;" maxlength="6" name="dnn$ctr809$CheckOut$cartlist1$dgCartList$ctl02$txtQty" type="text" value="1" /> <input id="dnn_ctr809_CheckOut_cartlist1_dgCartList_ctl02_chkRemove" name="dnn$ctr809$CheckOut$cartlist1$dgCartList$ctl02$chkRemove" type="checkbox" value="on" /> 1,20 €
SPRAY LIMPIADOR DE BARBACOAS .1800209050017. 4,90 € <input id="dnn_ctr809_CheckOut_cartlist1_dgCartList_ctl03_txtQty" style="width: 30px;" maxlength="6" name="dnn$ctr809$CheckOut$cartlist1$dgCartList$ctl03$txtQty" type="text" value="1" /> <input id="dnn_ctr809_CheckOut_cartlist1_dgCartList_ctl03_chkRemove" name="dnn$ctr809$CheckOut$cartlist1$dgCartList$ctl03$chkRemove" type="checkbox" value="on" /> 4,90 €

Total:

Envío:

Total del pedido:

10,00 €

16,10 €

and minicart show : 2 articulo(s) : 5,10 €

and  the mincart template  is : 

[Cart:Qty] articulo(s) : [Cart:OrderTotal]

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I have already found out what is happening.
the problem is that the cart with the checkout is not always synchronized, and cart is sometimes obsolete.

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Hi Alfonso,

Are you saying you've found a problme with the cart??

The currentcart ID is saved as a cookie on the client machine,  NB_Store then uses this cookie to read the DB and get the cart infomation.  At the moment nobody elese has had any issues with this. 

If you clearing cookies during testing it may have an effect on the cart, however I would expect the cart to simply disappear, not to be out of sync?...could this be some caching issue??

Regards,

Dave.

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:17 AM

the problem appears in this way to test it select a product, the checkout and cart is ok, go to checkout page and change the method of shipping and then the cart isnt actualize the changes.

y press the recalcutate buttom but nothing change.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Yes I've seem this before, it's caused by using postbacks to update the cart so we don't have to reload eveytime.  It's not been fixed, because you don't need the mini cart on the cart page, so it's never a problem.  Just remove the mini cart module from the cart page.

The alternative is to reload the page or have communication between modules on postback and AJAX.

Regards,

Dave.

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Hi, David I don't have the minicart and  the checkount in the same page i put minicart in Products page and other checkout alone.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood.

Yes the minicart will display the default shipping (normally the lowest cost), the shipping method has an effect on the cart total only when the client gets to the checkout page and selects a method.  When you go back to the other page the default shipping (lowest) is displayed again.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM

On reflection I suppose the ideal situation would be to have an option to select "Display default shipping in minicart" or "Display client selected shipping in minicart".

I'll add this to the issue list.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 20, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Other solution is show in minicart the cost of selected products without shipping cost, this solution it's applies to Me.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Yes, good point, I'vbe added that option to the work item.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Wait, This option already exists, just use the [Cart:TotalAmt] instead of the [Cart:OrderTotal].