Items on pre-order

Nov 8, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Hi all

Is it currently possible or a coming feature to be able to automatically apply user definable discount when stock level is zero, but to display original and new discounted prices.

This is to be applied to a pre-order scheme to add incentive to buy out of stock items so customer should be made aware of pre-order visualy with large clear text stating the fact.

Hope this makes sense to someone!!

Many thanks

Alex

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Hi Alex,

The simple answer is No.  Sorry, I think at the moment this will have to be a manual operation by the store manager.  However a Stock low limit with actions (like changing product category and hence discount) when the limit is hit, could be a possible feature in a future version.

Although this kind of automatic update could be devloped seperate to NB_Store by having a scheduler module reference NB_Store, then search for  low stock and change the product category accordingly.

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 23, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply. Changing of product category is not an option in this case I am afraid. My accounts package is linked into my website which would cause issues.

Would it be possible to have a discount setup which can be manually applied via a checkbox within the product itself. Same discount across multiple categories but only applied to items with checkbox checked.

Many thanks,

Alex

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Hi Alex,

Because a product can exist in multiple category, you don;t have to move category, you just need to add the product to a non-visible "Discout category", this will then work like your idea of a checkbox.  The only issue is the interface with your accounts package, having to ignore the discount category.

Regards,

Dave.