Manual Processing

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I am interested in trying this solution for a dnn shopping cart I am creating - can you tell me is there an option for manual processing (no gateway) of credit cards? 

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Few carts will accept and store credit card details for manual processing, but most including NB Store will simply accept an order without any payment processing, thus allowing the payment to be made manually by another means - e.g. on account, or one the phone, or in-store. I run some stores like this because retailers often don't want to have to update the stock levels on the website every day, and would prefer to confirm an order before processing the charge.

If you specify no pament gateway in the checkout module settings, and leave the "Disable Cheque Payment" option un-checked, you can then use the chqpayment.text and chqpayment.email templates to create the message to buyers telling them how to go about making the payment. You should then also change the gatewaymsg.text template to indicate the procedure on the totals page at the end of the checkout.

Regarding card processing - It's no simple matter for a cart to store credit card details for manual processing because the banks don't normally allow it. For a start, we can't send card details to the store owner in the order email.

Another cart I use, Zen Cart, gets around the issue by splitting the card number into two components, only storing one piece on the site, and emailing the other piece without storing it anywhere. The store owner receives the order and then signs into the site to retrieve the remaining credit card number visually, for in-store processing. I think this is a good solution and have it listed as a possible future update - but it's not on the cards right now.

Hope that helps,
Rob

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Hello. I am trying to do the same thing. But can't find the area where I can change the Cheque icon. I want it to just say "Process Order". Can you direct me to the correct area?

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Hello. I am trying to do the same thing. But can't find the area where I can change the Cheque icon. I want it to just say "Process Order". Can you direct me to the correct area?

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Hi,

You need to replace the "BANKCHEQUE.gif" in /Desktopmodules/NB_Store/img with an image that you want to display.

Dave.

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Thanks so much. I will see what I can do to help with the documentation. A lot of this is easy but its difficult to just figure out on your own.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:46 AM, leedavi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

You need to replace the "BANKCHEQUE.gif" in /Desktopmodules/NB_Store/img with an image that you want to display.

Dave.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Is there a particular template where I can change the other wording too? I.e. Change "Pay By Cheque" to "Click Here to Process Order"

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Tried to replace the image with another GIF and am getting the following error.

The type initializer for 'NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ChequeInterface' threw an exception.

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:17 PM
Started working. Must have needed to let something reset - but I still need to change the text where it says "Pay by Cheque". (Why does it still spell it Cheque instead of Check even though I have set the Merchant Code to US?)

Thanks

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Mark Leidlein <mleidlein@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks so much. I will see what I can do to help with the documentation. A lot of this is easy but its difficult to just figure out on your own.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:46 AM, leedavi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Dave.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:02 PM
I'm having the same problem. I cant figure out where to change the "Pay by Cheque" text on top of the "BANKCHEQUE.gif". Maybe its displaying the ALT of the image, but even so, i cant find where that image code is located. Anyone figure this out?
Mar 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM
fulgar125 wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I cant figure out where to change the "Pay by Cheque" text on top of the "BANKCHEQUE.gif". Maybe its displaying the ALT of the image, but even so, i cant find where that image code is located. Anyone figure this out?

NEVERMIND.

figured it out from another thread.

The "pay b y cheque" can be found in the Checkout.resx files under "lblCheque.Text".
Jun 2, 2010 at 6:24 AM

you can change the text for this at:
ADMIN->LANGUAGES->LOCAL RECOURSES->DESKTOPMODULES->lblCheque.Text

Regards, Ton Hermes

Jun 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Hi all, 1. How to set the order status to be 'Waiting For Payment' instead of 'Waiting For Cheque' when customer placed an order? 2. Is there any way for customer to confirm their payment of an order? They could have 'My Account' page, view their orders and update their payment details confirmation?? Then confirmation email is sent to both store owner and customer. 3. Email is not sent (for both store owner & customer) everytime store admin updates the status of an order, Can we set this up? Thanks