[OrderUser:Email] is empty

Nov 20, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Hi there,

when the user comes back from PayPal -  [OrderUser:Email] remains empty. How do I get this email address displaying on the invoice?  I added  [OrderUser:Email] to the order.email.template template. Is this correct?

Also, whatever email address I specify in the EMAIL field for ordering a product, it never sends an email ...in this case, the invoice to the customer.  I believe this email is triggered after PayPal, when the user returns to the site.

Please note: I have switched off the option to for LOGIN. So the user can purchase anonymously.

Many thanks,

Tony.

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Hi Tony,

Everything you say here seems right and should work....However I've just ran a test and I think you've found a bug with the non-user login option.

What version of NB_Store and DNN are you using?

Also the paypal should return and send the emails either from the IPN directly after purchase (recommended) or if this is not setup then when the client returns to the store.

Regards,

Dave

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 7:06 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Nov 20, 2009 at 9:02 AM
Hi lee,

I downloaded the release version of nb store 2 months ago.

Are you able to send a patch?

Sent from my iPhone

On 20/11/2009, at 7:06 PM, leedavi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Tony,

Everything you say here seems right and should work....However I've just ran a test and I think you've found a bug with the non-user login option.

What version of NB_Store and DNN are you using?

Also the paypal should return and send the emails either from the IPN directly after purchase (recommended) or if this is not setup then when the client returns to the store.

Regards,

Dave

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Hi Tony,

This is a major one for me, because I have clients using this.  So I'm looking at it now..I'll hopefully have a fix by the end of the day.  I'll release the fix in the new v2.0.4 beta12 (Hopefully today).  I'm afraid I'm not planning on putting a hotfix out for this one so you'll have to upgrade, however if you don't want to upgrade I can pass you the code you need to fix it.

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:48 AM
Hi Lee,

I've just moved to production :(. However, please send me the code and the file name I need to intergrate into. Do I hav to recompile?

Sent from my iPhone

On 20/11/2009, at 9:13 PM, leedavi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Tony,

This is a major one for me, because I have clients using this. So I'm looking at it now..I'll hopefully have a fix by the end of the day. I'll release the fix in the new v2.0.4 beta12 (Hopefully today). I'm afraid I'm not planning on putting a hotfix out for this one so you'll have to upgrade, however if you don't want to upgrade I can pass you the code you need to fix it.

Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Hi Tony,

Panic over...at least for me!!.....the token is wrong when you switch LOGIN off instead of "[OrderUser:Email]" it needs to be "[Order:Email]".  It should display then.

On the email notification, I've just done a test and everything is OK, so I think the problem may be with your smtp or some other setting, not in NB_Store.  Try testing you DNN email system, NB_Store simply uses that.

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 20, 2009 at 7:50 PM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me - I will try Order:Email. SMTP it's ok as it sends the order email to the merchant, but not the customer. Lee confirmed this also... What else could it be?

Sent from my iPhone

On 20/11/2009, at 10:17 PM, leedavi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Tony,

Panic over...at least for me!!.....the token is wrong when you switch LOGIN off instead of "[OrderUser:Email]" it needs to be "[Order:Email]". It should display then.

On the email notification, I've just done a test and everything is OK, so I think the problem may be with your smtp or some other setting, not in NB_Store. Try testing you DNN email system, NB_Store simply uses that.

Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Hi Tony,

I think I know what this is.  The payment has not been verified because your not using the IPN.  Therefore no email goes to the client.  What you need to do is implement the IPN option in PayPal and then the client will get the email, because it gets verifed via the IPN.

Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I've just been testing this in the new beta12.

When the cart is doing anonymous orders, then [Order:Email] displays the email in the order, but when the cart is doign sign-in orders, it does not.

The [OrderUser:Email] token appears to work exactly the other way around.

This brings up the question.... which token should one use when registered and anonymous orders are enabled - both tokens at once?

Rob

Nov 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM

My answer would be yes, and it seems to work fine.

Sent: Saturday, 21 November 2009 11:10 PM
To: tony@webcloudsolutions.net
Subject: Re: [OrderUser:Email] is empty [NBStore:75678]

I've just been testing this in the new beta12.

When the cart is doing anonymous orders, then [Order:Email] displays the email in the order, but when the cart is doign sign-in orders, it does not.

The [OrderUser:Email] token appears to work exactly the other way around.

This brings up the question.... which token should one use when registered and anonymous orders are enabled - both tokens at once?

Rob

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Hi Lee,

I have IPN setup now, but no difference.

My returnURL and IPN URL is : http://www.aaa.com.au/Thankyou/tabid/63/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=RETURN

Is this ok?

Thanks,

Tony.

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Also, oddly enough, the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) history page in PayPal has no messages.

TC-

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Hi Tony,

It's the notifyURL you need to set to the IPN not the returnURL.

On the token thing, I would have expected just the [Order:Email] to work in both circumstances?  Maybe we need to look into this one a bit more.

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Hi Dave,

My NotifyURL is http://www.aaa.com.au/Catalogue/tabid/60/stg/4/Default.aspx is this correct? The /stg/4/ should trigger the IPN right? The page it redirects to is the catalogue page. Does it matter what page it points to?

Unfortunately this URL still does not make a difference to IPN. The customer still does not receive any email from NB Store, they only get the standard PayPal email.

Yes [Order:Email] does seem to work for both, however, I use it in conjunction with [OrderUser:Email] just in case J

TC-

www.webcloudsolutions.net

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Hi Tony,

You need to make the IPN return to a page with the checkout module on it, not the catelog page.

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Hi Dave,

Hmm, when I changed the NotifyURL in payPal to the one below, it stopped sending email to the merchant… However, I have PAYMENT OK status on the invoice working because IPN is activated.

<ReturnURL>http://www.aaa.com.au/Thankyou/tabid/63/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=RETURN</ReturnURL>

<ReturnCancelURL>http://www.aaa.com.au/Catalogue/tabid/60/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=CANCEL</ReturnCancelURL>

<ReturnNotifyURL>http://www.aaa.com.au/Thankyou/tabid/63/stg/4/Default.aspx</ReturnNotifyURL>

Both the ReturnURL and NotifyURL has the checkout module on it. The order number is being generated perfectly, but no emails L

Thanks,

Tony.

Sent: Monday, 23 November 2009 1:47 AM

Hi Tony,

You need to make the IPN return to a page with the checkout module on it, not the catelog page.

Regards,

Dave.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NBStore@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 2:26 AM

Tony,

Just to be certain... can you check your settings against the "NB Store - Configure PayPal Website Payments - 1.0.pdf" on this page:

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=34143

All 3 URL's point to the page with the checkout module on it.

Rob

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:02 AM

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the doco. Yes its is exactly as it should be, please note my paypal config:

<root>

<paymentURL>https://www.paypal.com/xclick</paymentURL>

<verifyURL>https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr</verifyURL>

<PayPalID>admin@aaa.com.au</PayPalID>

<CartName>aaa.com.au</CartName>

<ButtonImageURL>/Portals/0/general/place-order.gif</ButtonImageURL>

<Currency>AUD</Currency>

<ReturnURL>http://www.aaa.com.au/Thankyou/tabid/63/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=RETURN</ReturnURL>

<ReturnCancelURL>http://www.aaa.com.au/Thankyou/tabid/63/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=CANCEL</ReturnCancelURL>

<ReturnNotifyURL>http://www.aaa.com.au/Thankyou/tabid/63/stg/4/Default.aspx</ReturnNotifyURL>

</root>

Note: My thankyou page is a separate page for when they come back from PayPal (which has the order module). My Order page has the shopping cart(order module) which has the checkout to PayPal - is on another page. Does this make a difference?

Many thanks,

Tony.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 4:00 AM

Hi Tony,

Make all 3 URL's point to one page that has the checkout module on it, not to anywhere else. The checkout module will display the order when the person returns. It will do this for anonynous and registered purchasers. Let's confirm that it works like that before attempting to point any URL's elsewhere.

The Orders module on the other hand is not specifically required. But is handy if you are allowing site registrations and you want people to see their previous orders.

Regards,
Rob

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:58 AM

Hi Rob,

I confirm all 3 URLs are pointing to a page with a Checkout module.

When I said, Order module in my last email, I meant Checkout module – my apologies.

Thanks,

Tony.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Hi Tony,

Have a look at your NB_Store site log, you should find it in /Portals/<yourportal>/Logfiles.

You should see a log starting with "IPN = ", this will prove is the IPN is being triggered from paypal.  (Make sure your using v01.02.00 of the paypal provider)

If it's not there make sure the IPN is setup in PyayPal correctly and that your checkout page has permission rights for public. (everybody).

If it is there then check your DNN site log for any errors. (Although the NB_Store administrator should get an email of the error)

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 23, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Log file has:  IPN = NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.PayPalIPNParameters

How do I check if im using v01.02.00 of the paypal provider? If Im not, what are the steps to upgrade?

SiteLog reveals normal activity – no errors.

I feel like starting again – only we have just gone live with this..

TC-

Sent: Monday, 23 November 2009 6:58 PM

Hi Tony,

Have a look at your NB_Store site log, you should find it in /Portals/<yourportal>/Logfiles.

You should see a log starting with "IPN = ", this will prove is the IPN is being triggered from paypal. (Make sure your using v01.02.00 of the paypal provider)

If it's not there make sure the IPN is setup in PyayPal correctly and that your checkout page has permission rights for public. (everybody).

If it is there then check your DNN site log for any errors. (Although the NB_Store administrator should get an email of the error)

Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Hi Tony,

Don't panic yet!!..I'm sure there is a explanation somewhere we just need to find it.

You can download the new PayPal provider from codeplex:

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=28920

Just install it as you would a normal module, don't forget to get the correct version for your DNN installation. (The dll is the same, but the manefesto file is different for DNN5)

The fact that the IPN is in the logfile is good, because it means that paypal is sending it.

Try the v1.2 and let's take it from there...

Regards,

Dave

Nov 23, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Mate! Your a guininess!!

The update fixed it J I can go to bed now…

BTW: After the customer has paid, is there any way of automatically redirecting them back to the checkout page? Instead of having to click “Return to Merchant”?

Thanks again – you guys rock!!

TC-

Sent: Monday, 23 November 2009 7:40 PM

Hi Tony,

Don't panic yet!!..I'm sure there is a explanation somewhere we just need to find it.

You can download the new PayPal provider from codeplex:

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=28920

Just install it as you would a normal module, don't forget to get the correct version for your DNN installation. (The dll is the same, but the manefesto file is different for DNN5)

The fact that the IPN is in the logfile is good, because it means that paypal is sending it.

Try the v1.2 and let's take it from there...

Regards,

Dave

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hi Tony,

Go into your PayPal account, My Account, Profile, Website Payment Preferences, and you'll see "Auto Return for Website Payments".

Enabling this requires that you paste in a URL that has all the relevant bits in it. It also requires some additional verbiage be published on your site. - this is detailed there.

I haven't tested this with NB Store, so if you're trying it out, let me know if it works, and then exactly what you did and I'll write it into the docs.

Rob