Delete Orders

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Hi there

We have this module in testing mode while we configure it - all done and working great! :)

Only thing is we have a load of dummy orders we want to get rid off.

Is there anyway to remove these orders without amending the DB tables directly?

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Yep you can easily remove them, but you'd never guess how!

All you have to do is mark the orders as archived, and then export them via Back Office, Utilities, Export, Export All Orders, Do Export. The idea is that you're always downloading a copy of all orders rather than allowing them to be deleted directly on the website. It's the safer process.

Regards,
Rob

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Many thanks robax - you are right, I would not have worked that out! :)

Much better method to 'Delete' orders in your manner  from the system rather than allowing for actual deletion without any backup record.

Thanks again

All the best

May 29, 2011 at 3:14 AM
Edited May 29, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Hi,

I come to this issue because I also encountered this problem. I follow robax's suggestion marked archived and Do Export. However, after doing these, all the orders and archived are still there. Is there any step I missed? If still not possible, which DB tables are involved for manual deletion?

Coordinator
May 29, 2011 at 9:50 AM

HI,

Rob's, got the option slightly wrong it's called "Purge Store", select this option and you should get prompted to save an export file and then the store will purge the archived orders.

Regards,

Dave.

May 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM

I chose "Purge Store" and "Do Export" this time and successfully deleted the orders.  Many thanks to leedavi.

Regards,

Jim

Coordinator
May 30, 2011 at 6:57 AM

Just to put the record right, I remmeber now the "Purge Store" option was added to make it more simple to understand.  It was originally the Export option that did the purge.