Issue with REF in the title of window

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Hi all,

I have a problem with the title of the window.
Current output is RotRcvr1520, RSX1520, Rotel, - REF, Product, Manufacturer.

I need to order it - Manufacturer, Product, short description

please help?

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:09 AM

Hi,

In order to do this you'll have to change the code, in Productlist.vb

change

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If objCInfo Is Nothing Then
                    Me.BasePage.Title = CType(aryList(0), ProductListInfo).ProductRef & " " & CType(aryList(0), ProductListInfo).ProductName & " " & CType(aryList(0), ProductListInfo).Manufacturer & " : " & PortalSettings.PortalName
                Else
                    Me.BasePage.Title = CType(aryList(0), ProductListInfo).ProductRef & " " & CType(aryList(0), ProductListInfo).ProductName & " " & CType(aryList(0), ProductListInfo).Manufacturer & " : " & objCInfo.CategoryName & " : " & PortalSettings.PortalName
                End If

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Dave.

Dec 20, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Thank you, Dave

But if I update module, next time, I'll need to change the code again.
Am I right?

Luck

Taras

Dec 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM

That's correct.. it's an easy change though.

I've got a long list of future enhancements and I'll make a note of the possiblity of making the sequence a setting.

Regards,
Rob

Dec 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Thank you, Rod

It will be a good option, if its no so difficult to do. Because REF tag is а first few words which you see in search engine like google, and some strange symbols like "RotRcvr1520" before model name not friendly to user. Maybe it would be no such problem, if would no limitation of 20 symbols (The REF will be - Receiver Rotel RSX-1520 black).

There is another good SEO option, when name of picture correspond to model, or manufacturer+model. It works when user is searching for picture, of course. And when you on first page - buys.
I mean, when module is resizing uploaded picture it rename file names, can I switch it off.
Name of picture should be Grado_rs1.jpg instead of dfkkvdfv_s.jpg
Is it function available?

Luck,
Taras

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:26 AM

Hi Taras,

Yes, I think an option to set them in any desired order and be able to include any custom/bespoke fields would be great. The current module is meant to remain stable for a while and allow improvements in other areas such as documentaiton and installation, and after that there will be discussion about the featureset. That's unless Dave has nothing to do over the holidays and wants to start messing with it :)

Modules like this normally rename images to avoid overwriting fildes of the same name. The folders should in my view also be hidden by default, but they arn't, and I've had operators become confused by this and try to upload and/or remove files in those folders. They should really only be accessed and managed behind the scenes by the module - The operator should never see them.Currently I manually remove view and write permissions from the cart folders after adding the module to the site.

Wait for Dave to respond and he may have a different view or idea. One thing I could agree with is the possiblity of adding the hashed number to the existing filename rather than replacing it altogether. This could certainly help when exporting and managing the image files.

Rob

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Yes I think both these ideas are good..

@Rob, can you put them onto the ropadmap please and we'll have a look at doing them.

@Taras, If you change the code, have a look at using a store setting using tokens, if you use this method then I can update the NB_Store core with your changes, so you won;t have any problems upgrading in future.  Contact me through codeplex if you want any advice on how to to this.

Regards,

Dave.

Dec 21, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Hi , Rob and Dave

Thank you!

I think much options in module makes it more desirable, more universal.

If all this will be avalable it would be great!

I was fill about 400 products and upload about 1500 fotos, and notice also that if you upload more than 1 picture, it takes some more time. I mean when you add one pic, it returns you in product cart, then you press "add image" again, wait while load another page and do the same. When you upload 5 images it takes more time.

I am uploading five pict almost always.
Check this http://stereovideo.com.ua/Hi-Fi-Store/ProdID/6572/RtnTab/140/PageIndex/1/CatID/-1.aspx

I have few more ideas, if you interesting i can describe...

Luck,
Taras

Dec 21, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I've got an existing note to reduce the number of clicks and page refreshes it takes to add a product and I've added something about handling multiple images to that.

Taras, Yes, we're all ears for ideas and feedback so please go ahead and list any you have. At this point I'm gathering all suggestions and they'll be discussed in the new year to create a more accurate public roadmap. Note also that any features considered, but not added at that point may still be able to be sponsored.

Regards
Rob