Need to customize the Order Email Template

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Hi

I need to customize the order email template, everything is very good since the file is accessible for modification.

However, within the template there is a reference to [Order:DetailRows]. I can not find the template that this tag is referring to.

my requirement is to remove the two columns "price" and "Total" and just show "Item Description" and "Qty".

BTW, I am using version: 01.02.02

Any suggestions?

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Hi,

to do this you'll have to change the code, in the "TokenStoreReplace.vb" class you'll have tochange the "getCartDetailHtmlRows" function.

(I do agree this would be better if we could use somekind of template for it!)

Regards,

Dave.

Dec 30, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Thanks Dave for your response.

I am not using the source code and I used the install package.

What do you recommend?

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM

At the moment the only way around your problem is to get the source and recompile once you changed what you ant to change.  Of course this means you'll need the skills to change the source code and recompile,  The only other solution I can think of is to have some kind of summary in you template and don;t include the [Order:DetailRows] token. 

In a furute version (I don't know when) I hope to resolve this situation, but for now I think you a bit stuck.

Regards,

Dave.

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I face the same problem but with a small extension, I want to show only the quantity and the description in the checkout page and remove the price, VAT and delivery charges. The method to fix this problem in the checkout page is the same or is there an easier and faster way?

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:56 PM

In the case of the checkout, you can change the "checkout.ascx" file directly, and set the "visible=false" on the columns and labels you don;t want to use, or use a no-display css.  Don;t remove anything though, this will cause an error, simple hide what you don;t want displayed.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Ok thank you leedavi. I had to change "CartList.ascx" css and set "visible=false". It would be ideal if one solved the problem with the order email.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Yes, I agree, the [Order:DetailRows] needs to be sorted out.  Perhaps a new templating token(s) created to allow manipulation of this aspect....I'm unsure as of yet what can be done, but it's something that will appear in a future version, I'm just unsure when at the moment.

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Is there a sulution for this problem???

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:56 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2010 at 9:57 AM

No, sorry!  This has not been addressed yet.

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Hi,  is there any solution to this in version 2.1  ?

Customizing order.detailrows  is really important to some of us :)

Jun 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM
Hi, Your not the first to say they are waiting for this....sorry but v2.1 does not have any updates on this.....hopefully v2.2...the checkout is something that needs changing in order to take NB_Store onto the next step up. Regards, Dave.